The Moto GP mega thread

Casey Stoner to retire at the end of 2012

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Casey+retirement

Really surprised at that especially at still 26 years old.

Although his health has not helped he does seem to pick up illnesses rather a lot.

He seems to think Moto GP is not what is was and I think with regards to this season he is right.

Really surprised at that especially at still 26 years old.

Although his health has not helped he does seem to pick up illnesses rather a lot.

He seems to think Moto GP is not what is was and I think with regards to this season he is right.

Read Matt Roberts blog earlier, seems Casey has always felt he would retire early, the regulations are going to change more in the next few years and move away from prototype racing so why not quit while your winning, take your millions enjoy being a daddy and go fishing

Great rider but I won't miss him or his whining. Hopefully this opens the door to Rossi's return to Honda?

Anyone of to Silverstone this weekend? make sure you take your dingy.

Going to be watching from home this year warm and dry. Have a great weekend if your heading down there

Great rider but I won't miss him or his whining. Hopefully this opens the door to Rossi's return to Honda?

I kinda hope so because Ducati are on a path to nothing at the moment. Still a second or so off the pace of the front runners and just about keeping ahead of the independent Ducati's.

Mind you they have a chance of decent points this weekend in the wet at Silverstone.

Rossi moves back to Yamaha!

Should never of left in my opinion.

Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati and rejoin Yamaha

Valentino Rossi will leave Ducati at the end of the season after signing a two-year contract with Yamaha.

Rossi, 33, will race alongside rival Jorge Lorenzo after rejoining the team he left at the end of 2010.

The Italian won 46 Grand Prix races and four world champion titles over a seven-year period with Yamaha.

"By signing Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi we have put together the strongest possible team," said Lin Jarvis, Yamaha managing director.

Rossi, who is currently eighth in the championship standings, will partner Lorenzo, who leads the 2012 MotoGP World Championship by 23 points and has taken five victories from the first 10 completed races of the 18-race series.

"This announcement is once again excellent news for Yamaha," added Jarvis.

"In June we were able to sign Jorge Lorenzo for the 2013-14 campaign and now we are able to confirm Valentino Rossi for the next two years.

"We have run this 'super team' together in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and during that time we achieved the 'triple crown' titles with rider, manufacturer and team world championship victories for three consecutive years.

"I have no doubt that with the experience, knowledge, skills and speed of these two great champion riders we will be able to challenge for many race wins and for the 2013 and 2014 world championship titles."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/19205254

Baby i'm back.

Gonna be good to see him competive again, rumour is its another Italian heading to Ducati not our Brit which im kinda glad about as that Duke is a dog but would love to see Cal on a factory bike

Well it has been such a dull season it is no wonder why no one had posted anything on this since August. Even Rossi himself says Moto GP is boring this year and hopefully next year should be closer.

Anyone looking forward to the new season.. for me will be better with rossi challenging cal also is a great rider he will do well this year also him and bradley both faster than hayden n dovi in fist test got to be promising

Yep not long to go and my mini GP fan is due the day after the first race :)

Looking at the testing it's not looking good for the boys in red is it. It's bloody good to see Vale and team smiling and laughing again.

Not sure how Cal will fare this year they don't have new bike's and with Vale up there challenging and no doubt Marquez is going to be bloody quick if he's not crashing it getting a bit too excited :D think it will be like Edwards was a few years ago as the best of the rest. I would love to be proved wrong though. Would love to see Bradl get on the podium this year too.

Got a feeling moto 2 and 3 will be stealing the show again!

Yep Rossi should never have left Yamaha.

Ducati are just all over the place and I am not sure how Stoner did so well on it.

Well that was a seriously exciting race :) :)

I look forward to seeing Vale's smile in the post race interviews :)