I've Been Attacked

you did exactly the right thing, but you're right, it does knock you back a bit. if you're a reader at all, there is a great book on self-protection by geoff thompson called dead or alive, which explains about the psychology of such attacks from the viewpoint of both the attackers and the victims. i know it's easier said than done, but you really don't ahve anything to feel bad about - you came out of it unscathed, which in terms of self-protection is the only result that anyone should be interested, so well done.

Cheers, i was thinking about trying to hit him but thought my chances of getting hurt would have been greater as i would have been relying on one good punch, plus it would have only taken a second for him to have stabbed me presuming he had a knife.

The only thing i am worried about is going back up that bit (don't think i'll bother) and the next time i am walking home is if i see a group of lads together.

HANG ON JUST A MIN.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193032

This gang getting about a bit ?

Just had a look at that thread - not the first time something has happened in that area....remember the rape last year ?

It had nothing to do with asians, but it just shows that the west st area is getting worse...

i think we should resolve to vigilanty groups, its happening everywhere andwhen p[olice do catch them it turns out they under age and cant be charged, i personally think you should get some guys together and give them a taste of there own, if done right they wudnt be come backs from the police,

Used to live in a small village in deepest Norfolk, not a bit like Manor Top, and there was a family, father 3 sons and a cousin, who were always at the root of any trouble.

Whether it was thieving, car crime, beatings up or just generally being obnoxious they were always held responsible.

Police hauled them in times many and because they were some sort of "special case" never prosecuted.

Locals had had enough and after a few years, group of guys gave them a taste of there own medicine.

Paid them in their own coin, forced thier way into their house, and basically gave them a collective kicking.

Guess what?

It worked.

Within 3 months the family had moved.

Not advocating this course of action at all but in this particular case it did solve the problem.

Used to live in a small village in deepest Norfolk, not a bit like Manor Top, and there was a family, father 3 sons and a cousin, who were always at the root of any trouble.

Whether it was thieving, car crime, beatings up or just generally being obnoxious they were always held responsible.

Police hauled them in times many and because they were some sort of "special case" never prosecuted.

Locals had had enough and after a few years, group of guys gave them a taste of there own medicine.

Paid them in their own coin, forced thier way into their house, and basically gave them a collective kicking.

Guess what?

It worked.

Within 3 months the family had moved.

Not advocating this course of action at all but in this particular case it did solve the problem.

Sounds like a good idea, but in these parts the scumbags have more rights than their victims.

Just had a look at that thread - not the first time something has happened in that area....remember the rape last year ?

It had nothing to do with asians, but it just shows that the west st area is getting worse...

Just seems odd that 2 new posters have been attacked by asian gangs and both mention beating up the asian attackers.

News, links, copies of crime reports to back up stories ?

I don't see anything but a story by a new poster.

Not saying it's a lie but I would be more inclined to believe if I saw some evidence considering how similar the two stories are and how both mention beating up asian in seeming revenge.

IF it happened the way described then why not report it staight away than asking on here. Secondly, gangs of Asian youths at Staniforth Road or Page Hall and maybe even Tinsley but Manor Top? unusual to say the least.

Maybe this is a clue.

I don't know the area very well. Are there many asians there ?

Maybe this is a clue.

I must admit, when the attackers were described as asian I thought, they are at the wrong end of prince of wales rd.

There's some but not many, i can't recall ever seeing a gang of asians at manor top though

Just seems odd that 2 new posters have been attacked by asian gangs and both mention beating up the asian attackers.

News, links, copies of crime reports to back up stories ?

I don't see anything but a story by a new poster.

Not saying it's a lie but I would be more inclined to believe if I saw some evidence considering how similar the two stories are and how both mention beating up asian in seeming revenge.

If the attackers were white, im sure the poster would want to beat up the white attacker rather than a random asian.

Manor Top does have CCTV. However, I reported my attack to the police and told them about the CCTV AND the cctv outside the Elm Tree that points in the direction of where it happened. The Elm Tree never had any visit from the police wanting to see their cctv.

I hope they catch them for you, try ringing 2202020 again, if they refuse to collect useful evidence ring the star and theres a few coppers on ere you could pm, they should get justice so you dont have to.

Maybe this is a clue.

Thanks Upinwath, you picked that up, that is a thought that crossed my mind. Not many asians in that area and if they are up to no good that's the last place they'd want to be. Funny though that the OP has come across them before, I'm up there regular and never seen any apart from pizza delivery drivers and those in taxis :)

I have just come home from a very good night out drinking with my old mates ,when i was approached by a gang of aisian youths asking me for money and my phone.

i obviously refused to hand over either and made a run for it but one of them could run faster than me and gave me a good old thumping and took my phone anyway.

i have seen the gang before on the Manor Top close to where it happened.

should i report it ? or should i wait till im sober and kick the **** Out of them when i see them out there again.

You need to report it, You can go direct to South Yorkshire Police or call 101 to report it. I was attacked in town a few months ago and the police were great, the guy has been caught and is going through the justice system.