The Young Writers Thread (aged 10-15)

It was! It took me ages, actually. :D We're going to practice it on Tuesday, but it probably won't be performed for a few weeks yet.

There's only four people in our group, so the casting will be hard.

God Luck with it, and let us know how you get on.

I hope Shoeshine & Mantaspook read this.

I hope Shoeshine & Mantaspook read this.

I read it last night, pattricia. :thumbsup:

polkie will give JoeP a run for his money in the scriptwriting stakes when she's a bit older! :hihi:

ps Please don't tell him I said that! :thumbsup:

Hi again. I've had a sort of writer's block for a while so I haven't been writing, but today I decided to try making a poem.. about writer's block. Obviously, it's not very good, but hopefully I'll get out of this slump. :rolleyes:

Writer's Block

by Polkadotacne, age 11

I sit alone.

Forgotten, in the midst of my despair.

Pencil poised in hand, or fingers on keyboard;

No hope, just blank staring.

Take me away from this ordinary, bleak place.

Long ago, I rode on rainbows and painted

My own fairytale.

Now the swirling pot of ideas is gone.

Show me the words, and I’ll write them.

Show me the tears, and I’ll cry them.

But there is nothing. Not the breeze,

Not the taste, not the rush.

Just me

Just me, just me.

I am so inadequate for my task.

Write a poem, they said.

And I’ve never imagined my imagination

Until it’s gone.

Its funny you should write this as I have got writers block at the moment, and this is how I feel. :)

I like the post 17 one. Thats right up my street is that.

Actually 18 is a goody too, very interesting.

I dont usually go in for poetry because I cant do it, and my "Ode to an orange" failed after I realised that nothing rhymes with the word Orange, but my attention was drawn to this thread and.. what can I say? I like poetry like that.

I wonder if Polkadot Acne ever put her play on The Murder Mystery. We wont know because shes gone to bed.

I wonder if Polkadot Acne ever put her play on The Murder Mystery. We wont know because shes gone to bed.

It didn't get done at drama group in the end :(

2 of the actors dropped out at the last minute, and the term ended, then they went on to a new play for the next term. They might do it at the end of this term though.

It didn't get done at drama group in the end :(

2 of the actors dropped out at the last minute, and the term ended, then they went on to a new play for the next term. They might do it at the end of this term though.

She must have worked tremendously hard on all that narrative.

Hi everybody;

I'm from BBC Blast and I'd like to tell you about a youth arts event that is taking place next week in Tudor Square, Sheffield. The BBC are putting on loads of free workshops and master classes to encourage young people (ages 13-19) to get creative.

You may be interested in the creative writing workshops we have available! These will take place on Thursday 12th July, between 12:30 and 2:30, and Friday 13th July, from 9:30 until 11:30. We also have a lyric writing workshop! This is over 3 days; Wednesdat 11th, Thursday 12th, and Saturday 13th July, between 3:30 and 5:00 on each of these days. This is a chance to really hone your writing skills! The workshops are taught by industry professionals and absolutely free to attend!

We have lots of other workshops going ahead; from street dancing and theatre, to animation and photography. If you're interested in any of these, please sign up on the Blast website, or email us at

blast-sheffield@bbc.co.uk ! You can take part in as many workshops as you like!

To get to the blast website, go to the bbc website, and search for 'blast.' Then go to 'ontour' and 'sheffield.'

Hope to see you next week!

Thanks,

BBC Blast Team