Disposal of personal confidential waste?

hi,

i have a lot of personal confidential waste that's been building up over the years (about five bin bags full). does anyone know of a company that i could get to dispose of it at a not totally outrageous cost?

will travel around sheffield if necessary...

thanks in advance!

One sure way to dispose of it is to have a bonfire, thats what we do with our confidential waste, the only sure way to get rid of it!!

We shred our personal documents and then use it as bedding for the rats/mice, probably impossible for anybody to get any personal info after that!!!

Why not just buy a shredder? It would end up cheaper than using a company - plus you know that the info has been disposed of correctly.

You can get a decent electric shredder for a few pounds in somewhere like Stationery Box. Bought one just before Christmas and had a MASSIVE clearout of all my OLD personal stuff.

but if you have 5 bin bags full, using a shredder would take about a year to get rid of all that. i would agree with the bonfire suggestion, and then buy a shredder and dont let your documents build up for years - shred them at the time

I'll take it away and burn it for the sort of cash the disposal companies charge. That or buy a box of swan vesta.

That's what I do.

but if you have 5 bin bags full, using a shredder would take about a year to get rid of all that. i would agree with the bonfire suggestion, and then buy a shredder and dont let your documents build up for years - shred them at the time

doing it for a years better than giving some complete strangers it, even if theyre supposed to be a professional outfit

Why not shred it and put it in the composter? Then it can't even 'accidentally' fall out of a bin and re-composed. Who wants to put their hands in fly and worm infested rotting stinking compost? :D

A shredder seems the best option. Do a bit each weekend.

A shredder seems the best option. Do a bit each weekend.

Yes I have lots to shred, and its best to do a bit at a time. Trouble is everytime Ive shredded something, someones asked me for a document Ive shredded. :gag:

Yes I have lots to shred, and its best to do a bit at a time. Trouble is everytime Ive shredded something, someones asked me for a document Ive shredded. :gag:

Sounds like Sod's Law! :mad: