Born in Sheffield but now live in Australia

I am looking for people to talk to from Sheffield. And tell me whats happening with Sheffield Wednesday and The Sheffield Tigers :lol: or anything else that's happining there. When I was in Sheffield I lived in Chapeltown I rememember a few things about the place but would love to chat to someone from there.

Welcome scaja.

Where in Oz? My sister and her shower live in Nowra and my mother-in-law lives in Mulgrave. Anywhere near you?

Hi Scaja.

I have a brother in Werribee is that close to where you live?

Hi, I have just moved to chapeltown 6 months ago, but i have lived about 10 mins away for the last 17 years, so anything you want to know just drop me a line and ill help you out if i can

:D

Hi Maxt

I live in Canberra the capital. Nowra is on the coast and a nice part of the country,it is about 2-3 hrs drive from Canberra. I have been there a few years ago on a surfing weekend.

Mulgrave is no were near here it's in Victoria and a lot closer to Melbourne, looking on the map it would take you about 2 days to drive there.

Could you please tell me how wednesday are going the last I heard they were in the 1'st division.

Anyway keep in touch. :D

Hi scaja, I'm not a football fan but I think Wednesday went down into the 2nd division recently, that's the old 3rd division since they introduced something called the premiership.

Hi there, I also now live in Australia, just outside Brisbane, I used to live in Oughtibridge & was born in Stocksbridge. I know Chapletown quite well as my cousin & her husband used to have the Commercial hotel there for many many years. I was there 2 years ago & it has expanded a little since my last trip 20 years before.

I was also a Wednesday fan but that's going back to when they had players like Bronco Lane, Ron Springett (giving my age away now).

Life is a bit different in Oz to Chapletown hey? (We don't get much rain here). haha.

Never been to Australia,but a friend of mine worked on the Snowy Mountains project many years ago before coming back to the U.K.

Lost touch with him now though.

Quite a number of ex-pats(Sheffield and area) in Oz by the look of it. I went to Melbourne, Victoria, then recently to Gold Coast, Queensland just a few years ago. What a great place, not the least of which is the weather! We are still in winter, and I am in shorts(not a pretty sight tho). Have found a few ex Kiveton Park boys and girls over here. One in Melbourne, and three in Perth W.A. Anyone else?

Originally posted by Janet Olsen

Hi there, I also now live in Australia, just outside Brisbane, I used to live in Oughtibridge & was born in Stocksbridge.

....Life is a bit different in Oz to Chapletown hey? (We don't get much rain here). haha.

Hi Jane

We moved to a house near Oughtibridge 3yrs ago. Mostly we just drive through it but do use the surgery and post office in the village. There have been a lot of new houses going up since we've been here - both sides of Station road by the river are new estates and new houses down by the weir - there won't be a green open space left in the village before long.

I remember Stocksbridge, Deepcar and Oughtibridge before they built the bypass - it must have been pretty horrendous living with all that traffic. Much better now, - very few heavy-goods lorries trundling through.

When did you go out to Oz ? I was supposed to go out to Perth in 1957 to learn to run and eventually take over a fruit farm owned by my mother's cousin - but I jibbed.

We don't get a lot of rain here now either, - must be a fortnight since we had any, and we had temps up in the nineties for four days running last week.

GB

I used to live on Stockarth Lane Oughtibridge, which now has houses built opposite I believe & also behind which used to be allotments. I was born in Stocksbridge though & lived there until I was 11. I came to Oz in 73 to join my brother who played soccer for Brisbane City. Then my parents came out so the whole family was here. I returned to UK after 7 years for hols (in winter) & then had not returned for 21 years but did so in 2001. Oz is a wonderful place to live but I still love Yorkshire & say you can take the girl out of Yorkshire but you can't take the Yorkshire out of the girl. I still say Yorkshire is one of the best places on earth, I love it. The weather & outdoor life here is wonderful though, its wonderful climate is what keeps me here.

I live an hour from the Gold Coast & yes it has advantageds also disadvantages like everywhere. I also lived in Perth many years ago. Pity you didnt try a few years in Oz for the experience of it.

Hi. I have lived in Sheffield all my life, now 62. I live in Firshill not far from town. I go out for a pint with a buddy who lives in Chapeltown. We go to the Legion, this is just before the bridge coming from Ecllesfield. We also use a pub called the crown and cushion sometimes also the Acorn. You dont say how old you are.

Anythink else you want to no.just ask.