Born in Sheffield but now live in Australia

scaja

I am looking for people to talk to from Sheffield. And tell me whats happening with Sheffield Wednesday and The Sheffield Tigers :lol: or anything else that's happining there. When I was in Sheffield I lived in Chapeltown I rememember a few things about the place but would love to chat to someone from there.

Hi Maxt

I live in Canberra the capital. Nowra is on the coast and a nice part of the country,it is about 2-3 hrs drive from Canberra. I have been there a few years ago on a surfing weekend.

Mulgrave is no were near here it's in Victoria and a lot closer to Melbourne, looking on the map it would take you about 2 days to drive there.

Could you please tell me how wednesday are going the last I heard they were in the 1'st division.

Anyway keep in touch. :D

Hi scaja, I'm not a football fan but I think Wednesday went down into the 2nd division recently, that's the old 3rd division since they introduced something called the premiership.

Hi there, I also now live in Australia, just outside Brisbane, I used to live in Oughtibridge & was born in Stocksbridge. I know Chapletown quite well as my cousin & her husband used to have the Commercial hotel there for many many years. I was there 2 years ago & it has expanded a little since my last trip 20 years before.

I was also a Wednesday fan but that's going back to when they had players like Bronco Lane, Ron Springett (giving my age away now).

Life is a bit different in Oz to Chapletown hey? (We don't get much rain here). haha.

• 1 month later...

Quite a number of ex-pats(Sheffield and area) in Oz by the look of it. I went to Melbourne, Victoria, then recently to Gold Coast, Queensland just a few years ago. What a great place, not the least of which is the weather! We are still in winter, and I am in shorts(not a pretty sight tho). Have found a few ex Kiveton Park boys and girls over here. One in Melbourne, and three in Perth W.A. Anyone else?

Originally posted by Janet Olsen

Hi there, I also now live in Australia, just outside Brisbane, I used to live in Oughtibridge & was born in Stocksbridge.

....Life is a bit different in Oz to Chapletown hey? (We don't get much rain here). haha.

Hi Jane

We moved to a house near Oughtibridge 3yrs ago. Mostly we just drive through it but do use the surgery and post office in the village. There have been a lot of new houses going up since we've been here - both sides of Station road by the river are new estates and new houses down by the weir - there won't be a green open space left in the village before long.

I remember Stocksbridge, Deepcar and Oughtibridge before they built the bypass - it must have been pretty horrendous living with all that traffic. Much better now, - very few heavy-goods lorries trundling through.

When did you go out to Oz ? I was supposed to go out to Perth in 1957 to learn to run and eventually take over a fruit farm owned by my mother's cousin - but I jibbed.

We don't get a lot of rain here now either, - must be a fortnight since we had any, and we had temps up in the nineties for four days running last week.

GB

Archived