Writing for therapy - what do you use?

Never kept a diary, what if the authorities ever found it, shares would plummet, inflation would soar and there would be civil unrest, fortunately I have a good memory, now what were we on about? Oh yes! With regards to JoeP have you ever read “They used dark forces, by Dennis Wheatley”? That’s about dreams and the Astral Plain, good book as indeed are all his books.

On my desk I have a nice fountain pen, letter opener and old black telephone all perfectly working order but never used, it just makes one feel good to have nice things.

Hi, I mean writing for therapy really, not to remember things. I just find it helps and I try not to worry about if anyone found it, I do live alone now anyway.,

Hi, I mean writing for therapy really, not to remember things. I just find it helps and I try not to worry about if anyone found it, I do live alone now anyway.,

Yes, it certainly does help. It doesnt have to be a diary, Sometimes if you are worried about something or angry with someone, write it down, put it in an envelope, and look at it in six months time. You wouldnt beleive how troubles melt away, and you cant believe how you worried over something, that need not have done.

Coyleys - never encountered that book. I don't think I'll ever be a rider on the Astral Plains, though. Would probably get lost... :)

Sixytieslass - I actually find that recording my ddreams is quite therapeutic in that I can often see patterns in my dreams that give me some guidance as to what my current worries are.

I believe dreams can be warnings of forthcoming danger. Sometimes the dream never happens, but sometimes it does.

I don't keep diaries as such but various events in my life have lead me to write journals. When I travelled around Australia I kept a journal of the trip and now look back at the memories and I am so pleased I wrote them as and when things were happening. You never capture that same thought after the event and how you was feeling at the time.

Then again I think my handwriting resembles scribbles so I don't think anyone other than me could even attempt to read it back.:hihi:

I don't keep diaries as such but various events in my life have lead me to write journals. When I travelled around Australia I kept a journal of the trip and now look back at the memories and I am so pleased I wrote them as and when things were happening. You never capture that same thought after the event and how you was feeling at the time.

Then again I think my handwriting resembles scribbles so I don't think anyone other than me could even attempt to read it back.:hihi:

You sound as though youve had a very exciting life ,brisbane. Yes, I bet you were glad that you kept a journal. I also think smells(of a place) are important reminders.

Yes smells, they really do take you back to good and bad memories. I always hate the smell of tarmec, strange isn't it. I think it's because it reminds me of when I was in the infant school and at the time used to get picked on.

As for an exciting life, hmm I wouldn't say that but I think there has been highs and lows but has made me the person that I am now. All sent to try us and make us strong as my dad would say!:)

Yes smells, they really do take you back to good and bad memories. I always hate the smell of tarmec, strange isn't it. I think it's because it reminds me of when I was in the infant school and at the time used to get picked on.

As for an exciting life, hmm I wouldn't say that but I think there has been highs and lows but has made me the person that I am now. All sent to try us and make us strong as my dad would say!:)

Australia looks a beautiful place, and they say New Zealand is as well. Have you been there ?

No didn't venture to New Zealand but did manage to go all the way around Oz, it really is truely amazing. Beautiful place and such different things to see from the urban city life ( which I might add I found slightly scary at times) to the more rural laid back life ( that was more our cup of tea). Where it was just relaxed. Truly a lovely time in our life and memories treasured for eternity. :)

No didn't venture to New Zealand but did manage to go all the way around Oz, it really is truely amazing. Beautiful place and such different things to see from the urban city life ( which I might add I found slightly scary at times) to the more rural laid back life ( that was more our cup of tea). Where it was just relaxed. Truly a lovely time in our life and memories treasured for eternity. :)

How old were you ? I wondered if you were a student in your gap year.

God no I was 32!!! I was lucky that work let me have some unpaid time off. Before children came along and something we had always wanted to do. Glad that we did.