Writing for therapy - what do you use?

God no I was 32!!! I was lucky that work let me have some unpaid time off. Before children came along and something we had always wanted to do. Glad that we did.

Just the right age then. :)

It was, and now it's just right time for my bedtime I think and catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:)

It was, and now it's just right time for my bedtime I think and catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:)

Goodnight,brisbane, its been nice talking to you.Im going as well now.:thumbsup:

I don't keep diaries as such but various events in my life have lead me to write journals. When I travelled around Australia I kept a journal of the trip and now look back at the memories and I am so pleased I wrote them as and when things were happening. You never capture that same thought after the event and how you was feeling at the time.

Then again I think my handwriting resembles scribbles so I don't think anyone other than me could even attempt to read it back.:hihi:

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. Never kept a diary but I had to keep a journal for work. Then I kept my own journal. These began as books but once we were issued with laptops, it was stored on disc. I still have some discs but the rest were lost over the years.

I only kept a journal when I was travelling, because you usually had the time - even if you had to do it by the light of a hurricane lamp. I found that keeping a journal at home was next to impossible because of other demands on my time.

Re-reading old journals can be sometimes unnerving. You realize that your memory is parhaps not that sound and the sequence of some events isn't quite as you imagined.

Regards

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. Never kept a diary but I had to keep a journal for work. Then I kept my own journal. These began as books but once we were issued with laptops, it was stored on disc. I still have some discs but the rest were lost over the years.

Re-reading old journals can be sometimes unnerving. You realize that your memory is parhaps not that sound and the sequence of some events isn't quite as you imagined. Since retiring, I have been trying to reconstruct the missing parts but only the experiences, observations, etc. Not any of the technical stuff.

Regards

I see you were a Mechanical Engineer.My son has a degree in that subject. I can remember him with piles & piles of papers to study at University. He finished up working in I.T. in Washington DC.