Any memories of Potty Edwards

:help: Hi there.I am trying to collect any information/stories and memories that the people of Sheffield have of my Grandfather Joseph (Potty) Lockwood Edwards.He had a stall in the old Rag n tag market selling pots etc.Hopefully there will be enough for a book of sorts.I have many photos and believe that they would be of interest as a lot of people seem to have fond memories of him.

please feel free to put some on this thread.

thanks

Hi there

I'm an Edwards related to the potty clan and am trying to write a book about their stories. My Dad last pitched pots in the market in the 1960s with his brother Bill. I'm Mick Edwards' daughter. Who are you? Are you related to the Bennett or Edwards side?

I'd be interested in seeing your photos.

Regards

Michele

There are two threads on this on the Forum already.......There is a thread "Rag & Tag Market" and another " News of Potty Edwards Market salesmen" Maybe more??.

We were neigbours of Joe Edwards around the year 1951 when he lived in Birkendale View This is a copy of obituary in the Star Sorry don't know the year It reads

Edwards------Joseph Lockwood Died May 2nd--

Service at St Mary's Church

Worsborough Village

Monday May 9th at 11 am.

Internment at Wisewood Cemetery 12

Bib,Mick and June,Bill and families

Hope this helps

Hi I knew your Uncle Joe, Aunty Betty, David and Lance. David was best man at our wedding. My mother in law and Betty were good friends for many years from when Jo and family lived in Birkendale View. I have some personal photos of Joe (beside his roller - on his horse etc). and quite a few of Betty If you want a very old photo of the old warehouse at the bottom of Wood Street go to Picture Sheffield. put in P and scroll down for public houses go to page 125 image U03483 apparently it was an old pub before Edwards had it as a Warehouse

Does anyone out there own any photos of my Grandfather,Joseph 'potty' Edwards.He worked in various markets selling china.We have a few but any new ones would be of great interest to us.I will return any photos after scanning them.Thankyou.

If your grandma was Joyce, then my mum went to school with her.

She used to clean for Joyce while I played with Michael. Joyce also had another son & a daughter, though regretably I can't remember their names.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos but I have fond memories of "Aunty" Joyce.

Michaels brother was Max & his sister was Anne.

Their father was Arthur & mum was Joyce.

Sorry I don'y have any photographs but I do remember Joe Edward's stall on Barnsley market. He was famous for his entertaining sales pitch, when he would 'throw' pots around without dropping them.

If we ever dropped and broke a plate at home my mum would say- 'Who do you think you are- Joe Edwards?'

He was a real character.

Sorry I don'y have any photographs but I do remember Joe Edward's stall on Barnsley market. He was famous for his entertaining sales pitch, when he would 'throw' pots around without dropping them.

If we ever dropped and broke a plate at home my mum would say- 'Who do you think you are- Joe Edwards?'

He was a real character.

I remember him too when i was small in the outside market

Whatever happened to his son Lance who I knew in the 1960's? He was a good lad and was branching out into cruise ship entertainment if my memory serves me.