Average monthly mortgage payments

Im just waiting to win lottery, then i may be able to afford.:rolleyes:

Me too... :(

We were quite lucky with the sale of previous properties & now pay very little for ours.

£290 per month, due to rise to £800 when i shortly move. There goes the beer money.

Another problem is the stamp duty goes up to 3 % over 300K.

The answer to that seems quite obvious.

we have been lucky and got on the ladder at a young age in 1996 when the market was low. with the vision (and luck) we have moved a number of times in 10yrs but managed to buy our current house in bradway for cash:thumbsup: and yes im smug about it.

I'll never understand this obsession with buying a bigger and bigger house, I blame TV programs for making people think they simply must have en-suite bathrooms for all 10 bedrooms.

On Location, Location, Location a couple "needed" a 4 bedroom house because they were having their fist child, what were they having, a baby elephant, how much room does one child take-up ? Then they were moaning about how much the mortgage would be !

£90 a month.Thank goodness somebody pushed me onto the housing ladder back in 1985.My house is worth 4X the amount that I bought it for.(£32,000).

£680 a month on a 12 year mortgage. We're very lucky and the mortgage is only 50% of what the house is worth. If we started now we wouldn't even be able to buy the house we live in.

£90 a month.Thank goodness somebody pushed me onto the housing ladder back in 1985.My house is worth 4X the amount that I bought it for.(£32,000).

is that just a interest only morgage, sound very cheap for 32k,

Ours is roughly 270 a month. We were lucky in the sense that we bought ours at the end of 2001, just before the house prices started rocketing. The purchase price on ours was 28500 and it's worth over 90000 now. :)

Ours was £670/mth for a 3-bed terrace in Heeley :shocked:

I wish we had bought a few years earlier :(

Payments went up to £750/mth when our 2yr-fixed-rate-deal ended; now we've got a new one they're £650/mth.

Did someone say £93 per month???????????? NEVER MOVE!!!!

No wonder first time buyers can't afford houses these days. We pay about £820 a month, with insurance included. Its sandalous!! We don't have kids yet but i dread to think what house prices will be like in 20yrs time. If you have kids the buggers won't be able to move out.

The cost of moving is a con as well, i moved last August from Essex and with solicitors fees, agents fees and stamp duty you're talking about £5k minimum to move house.

Mines £69 per month

Get this, a friend of mine bought his house for £14500 in 1995, and a house on his road went for £150000 (Walkley) last NOvember

Just think, in 1995 you could have pushed the boat out, bought 5 houses, and then sold 4 off last year, then retired and lived in one......DAM