Sign in to follow this  

PlayStation 2 Problems

I recently tried to connect my PS2 to my protable telly and after flicking through all the channels discovered that the game wasn't showing. This happened on another telly also. I thought that it was my scart plug so I bought a new one and even that hasn't sorted the problem. If I try and connect it to another telly via the 3 coloured cable (not sure what it's called) without the scart plug it works fine. I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be. Can anyone shed any light??

Just a thought, could it be the pin connections are damaged on your PS2 where the scart lead connects, therefore not sending a true signal?

Originally posted by bondy

Just a thought, could it be the pin connections are damaged on your PS2 where the scart lead connects, therefore not sending a true signal?

Not so sure as the lead works without the scart plug when I just use the 3 coloured plugs. I will check them out though when I get home.

Ask Foxy he's ur man for PS2 repairs.

Originally posted by Dick Dastardly

via the 3 coloured cable (not sure what it's called)

Is one Yellow, one white, one Red?

Yellow - Video. White (sometimes black) Left audio [speaker] and Red is right audio [speaker]. I'm not sure what it is called though!

Originally posted by Dick Dastardly

I recently tried to connect my PS2 to my protable telly and after flicking through all the channels discovered that the game wasn't showing. This happened on another telly also. I thought that it was my scart plug so I bought a new one and even that hasn't sorted the problem. If I try and connect it to another telly via the 3 coloured cable (not sure what it's called) without the scart plug it works fine. I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be. Can anyone shed any light??

Are you sure the tele has RGB? You have "usual" SCART and RGB, and not all teles will have RGB, some just have "usual" Scart. Possibly a dodgy Scart connector on the PS2. Are all the 21 Pins firmly in? And the most obvious, one I presume it's on AV/EXT/Aux (and some have RGB as the "channel name".

Alex

our telly has av1 av2 & av3. press red for av1 yellow av2 green av3.

i know it sounds a simple solution but it might be your problem????.

Provided there is clearly only one scart socket then have you got a TV that supports either 50 or 60 Hz? You'll need one for any next gen console. Otherwise, it could be the adaptor for the scart lead - is it an official PS2 one?