Anyone in to CB radio in 1980s?

i remember the cb in the 80 s where we used to go to ggs cafe which was actually an old van parked in a bakery down attercliffe way .meeting people from allover as this served sarnies late into the night my handle was crowbar i used to go down there with joker which to this day he still got that handle what laughs we had there

aw i remmber joker(steve) hes passed away bless him,i was blue bandit with the american car,we had a shop on langset road selling cb,s,good days,haha gorden and gladdis or gg,s never had it so good when we started meeting down there for a cuppa and a sandwich,he did well out off it

I live down the road road from Jolly Gees (aka The John O' Gaunt) .

What times. Brilliant.

I do miss the CB of that era, it's like the Facebook of today.

Breaker Break 1-4 for a copy.

Times move on , unfortunately. Where did all the CB shops go ???

PS join us today for a bank holiday special . Re- living the memories of 1970-74

The Baron.........

the baron was fred goodison,hence the american car he had the le baron,i later bought it off him,i was blue bandit

hiya all there out there in cb land lol. i was one of the earliest sheffield breakers, cat weazle was my handle , and yd 4 was my call sign on cb search n rescue and our police liason officer was arctic light and she was barnsley based . we all lived at gee gees and the greasy veras army catering wagon lol. can anyone remember big bopper trying to park his new capri at gee gees , but the barrier had been put down and he made an instant convertable !! very lucky not to have been decapitated . the clouds of time are stopping a lot of thoughts nowadays lol. but yard dog, freckles, jugs , bath tub , blue cap !! you all know who you are but it would be good to hear from you all again . so 88s and good numbers to ya and watch out for buzzby lol . we down we gone .

catweazle im sure i remmber you,i was blue bandit,there were only about 10 pople as i remmber with cb,s in sheffield at the time,the baron (fred used to sell them)im sure we met at terry stones garage,i could be wrong,any way if your the same one regards ian

only jus found this thread but theres also another on ere"c.b.radio.maybe sum1should link em together???by the way i remember most of the breakers on ere.went to the dial house do's amongst others.greenfields at ecco comp,maxs cafe at canklow roundabout,the1over hillfoot bridge which moved2burnaby st to name but a few.oh an of course the1 i used2run at the brewary tap on snig hill.am i ringin any bells good buddies n ladies?

hi there!

the one you recall at the Hillfoot Club was Sheffield CB'ers Association of which i was a committee member.... we boasted taking over £500 one Saturday night, it sadly went downhill after that and we moved to Burnaby Street WMC and due to dwindling membership disbanded and the club was demolished and there are houses where the old club was.... it was only a stone throw away from IXL CB (sadly deceased some years ago now)... oh what memories wonder if you remember me? U.S. Male (formerly KC - King Creole on AM)?

It was 'The Forge' pub on Newhall Road run by Sid & Mary where there used to be a CB club meet every Friday Night, good times were had by all....lol.

Also not forgetting 'The Breakers Hideaway' at Grimesthorpre Club not far away. Happy Days.

Beamish

I was a member of the Newhall Road CB Club, my handle back then was KC (King Creole) and we used to also run S.E.A.R.CH9 (Sheffield Emergency And Rescue Channel 9) from there also as i was there then too.... it was pre-1981 when the legal CB's came into force but i remember you Beamish :) Memories yeah?!!!!

My handle was 'Deputy Dog' (Paul) - I remember quite a few people listed on here, was on the rig from about 81-88ish and knocked abut with/still see Terminator (Richard) Stereo Sound/Tiger Tank (Dave) and Silver Lightning (Lance).

i used to be GLADIATOR Mi went to cb5 on trippet lane with domino king little andy special{terry}pint pot(james)used to go out with queen bee....from alderson road and wendy lou from norton

I was on the C.B in the 80s,no one seems to remember me though,i lived in canklow,Rotherham,and hated it,i used to call it lower Moorgate.I was Calendar girl,i know i was a little nieve and if i could change time,i would have picked a more realistic handle.

What a farce the whole UK CB craze was, talking nonsense to some scruffy lorry driver 300yds away while making up ridiculous names for one another. It only survived by its illegality making geeks think they were living on the edge.

As soon as the HS made it legal it died a swift death.

We gone..........

I was on the C.B in the 80s,no one seems to remember me though,i lived in canklow,Rotherham,and hated it,i used to call it lower Moorgate.I was Calendar girl,i know i was a little nieve and if i could change time,i would have picked a more realistic handle.

I remember you,and Squaw and Baby Duck also from Canklow. :)