Pan's Labyrinth

I saw it and thought and it was actually quite good in places, not sure what all the fuss about the violence is though I think it being a 15 is right.

What an excellent film, loved every minute of it.

Yup agreed, I loved it.

Saw it at the Showroom, loved it. It was that or some prolefeed pap chickflick that was on offer. I do believe the right choice was made :)

I loved it, what an excellent well thought out film a must watch! :D

I found this film incredibly moving. I loved the double meaning in the plot and in the characters. The young girl was incredibly charming and her symbolisation of the republicans in the Spanish Civil War surrendering thier lives and innocence for a the best interests of the future generations was so moving. It was beautifully directed and well acted. A fabulous film.

Excellent film, very well made!

It was shown on Film4 a couple of months ago - I only saw an hour of it (my dvd recorder decided to video the wrong channel.. whoops :)). I'm sure sometime soon it'll be shown again on there.

I am not usually a fan of subtitled films tho this spanish fantasy kept me watching and reading, It's the story of Ofelia a little girl who's pregnant mother marries a sadistic spanish officer and escapes into her own little fantasy world of fauns and fairies and magic. We are never really sure whether it is real or not. In between the fantasy and just as good is the spanish civil war. Brutal screnes contrast starkly with the fantasy, one scene in particular where the officer repeatedly smashes the face of a peasant sticks in the mind long after the film finishes. I enjoyed it very much and would recommend it.

It's a good film to watch off your tits.