The 'Branching Out' Knitalong Thread

Quick question for the people using Tapestry: What size needles are you using?

I was going to use 5mm needles - still will with my sub I think as it supposed to be DK aswell.

Quick question for the people using Tapestry: What size needles are you using?

I'm going to start off with the size suggested on the Tapestry ball band, which is smaller than that suggested by the pattern. If it turns out that I want a more open look after a pattern repeat or two, I'll rip it out and start again with the larger needles.

OK shouldnt have looked at Get Knitted again - I saw (and ordered) this in silk/ wool DK, moss colourway for my Branching out:D Ive got to think of something else to do with the Tapestry now:hihi:

Arrggh! More yarn pr0n! You evil woman! :hihi: That Reds and Plums sock yarn iis calling to me...

:| I've typed out the 10 rows of pattern in large print on a single sheet. This helps me to get used to the pattern and also see it easier too.

...Then I started to colour in the different stitches plus after every 5 squares I drew a bold line.

It was amazing but now all went much easier! Thanks Hecate for this good tip!:thumbsup: ...

You're welcome :) . I've just dug my copy of the pattern out of my folder and I'd forgotten quite how fuzzy the symbols were (though I think in my case the cheap paper I used to print it out on didn't help, as the ink spread a bit). The colours really do help.

The funny thing is that I also discovered that stitches were mirrored which made it easier to 'understand' the pattern.

Ah, I remember that now! It seems to help in remembering the stitch pattern after a few repeats too; you sort of know to expect a certain stitch, as well as actually remembering what it is, if that makes sense.

I'm just finishing off another doll jacket for the appeal, then I'll wind the semi-frogged ball of Tapestry and I'll be ready for Monday :) .

Arrggh! More yarn pr0n! You evil woman! :hihi: That Reds and Plums sock yarn iis calling to me...

As if I would entice you with desirable yarns :insert innocent smiley: :hihi:

Just had notification that my Fyberspates has shipped - but Im now in a dilemma as the bamboo 5mm are being shipped later and Im using the metal ones I have atm for Dew:suspect:

Just had notification that my Fyberspates has shipped - but Im now in a dilemma as the bamboo 5mm are being shipped later and Im using the metal ones I have atm for Dew:suspect:

Do you know how long they'll be getting to you? I'll have to double check, but I may have a spare pair of bamboo 5 mm needles. I bought a shed load from Ebay a while back. It'll probably take me all weekend to sort out the mess that's currently my study enough to be able to get to the knitting needle stockpile to check, but if there's a pair of 5 mm's in the pile, you're more than welcome to them if yours are going to be a while getting to you.

I didn't follow the chart, just the written instructions....

Do you know how long they'll be getting to you? I'll have to double check, but I may have a spare pair of bamboo 5 mm needles. I bought a shed load from Ebay a while back. It'll probably take me all weekend to sort out the mess that's currently my study enough to be able to get to the knitting needle stockpile to check, but if there's a pair of 5 mm's in the pile, you're more than welcome to them if yours are going to be a while getting to you.

I do have some 5mm addi turbos and obviously the Boyes so I can cope:D Thanks for the offer though;)

:| I've typed out the 10 rows of pattern in large print on a single sheet. This helps me to get used to the pattern and also see it easier too.

:gag: Still problems with the lace pattern... as soon as a stitch drops I have to start all over again as I don't know yet how to 'repair' the dropped stitch. I still don't have enough insight apparently.

I might try your idea as well, Wheezy. I think it will help me to keep my eyes on the right code. :suspect:

:gag: Still problems with the lace pattern... as soon as a stitch drops I have to start all over again as I don't know yet how to 'repair' the dropped stitch. I still don't have enough insight apparently.

I might try your idea as well, Wheezy. I think it will help me to keep my eyes on the right code. :suspect:

I find I follow words easier than charts and funny squiggles. Do you want me to pm you a copy of my instructions, I've double checked them - honest! :D