The 'Branching Out' Knitalong Thread

Is everyone getting (or got) just one ball of tapestry for the knitalong?

What helped me was to use a different coloured pencil for each symbol of the chart and colour in each box on the chart accordingly. It makes the chart much easier to read; you just have to glance at the colours instead of having to squint up your eyes to make out the symbols.

I started to knit from the chart and had to start over a few times due to losing counting and having not a clue which square I was looking at. :gag:

Then I started to colour in the different stitches plus after every 5 squares I drew a bold line.

It was amazing but now all went much easier! Thanks Hecate for this good tip!:thumbsup: The funny thing is that I also discovered that stitches were mirrored which made it easier to 'understand' the pattern.

I'm still learning with 'draft' yarn and still knit a wrong stitch sometimes, but I'm hopeful. :cool:

Is everyone getting (or got) just one ball of tapestry for the knitalong?

::checks in stash::

I've got three balls of Tapestry. The length of each ball is 120 m, and the yarn suggested in the pattern is one skein of either 175 to 205 m, so I'd buy two balls at least.

::checks in stash::

I've got three balls of Tapestry. The length of each ball is 120 m, and the yarn suggested in the pattern is one skein of either 175 to 205 m, so I'd buy two balls at least.

Thanx, glad i asked now! :)

Looks like i need some crayons now aswell if i'm going to follow the chart :lol:

Right then Ive gone and ordered 2 balls of Tapestry in Rustic and some bamboo needles too (as Im feeling particularly fed up atm and needed some retail therepy). This knitalong will delay the start of Rogue though - hmm (did get rather scared again when looking at the pattern today which is not a pattern like Ive ever tried to follow before - in some places it seems more like a list of suggestions):suspect:

Oh go on then - am still fairly new to all this but as it seems to only involve two needles there's actually a chance I might manage it! Not a clue what i'll be using yet, depends what i can get my hands on at the weekend. Wish me luck!

Oh go on then - am still fairly new to all this but as it seems to only involve two needles there's actually a chance I might manage it! Not a clue what i'll be using yet, depends what i can get my hands on at the weekend. Wish me luck!

Do you reckon you might make a break from the Tapestry theme? I first knit this pattern a good 18 months ago, using Rowan Summer Tweed, which was not the best choice of yarn. It was far too stiff, even with the silk content.

Good luck, and let us know what yarn you go for :) .

OK shouldnt have looked at Get Knitted again - I saw (and ordered) this in silk/ wool DK, moss colourway for my Branching out:D Ive got to think of something else to do with the Tapestry now:hihi:

That's gorgeous Lisa! I really can't get any more yarn at the moment, though that is so tempting. Mine's going to be in Kidsilk haze, as I've got a spare ball knocking about.

Are you still making the Dew scarf? :love:

Quick question for the people using Tapestry: What size needles are you using?

That's gorgeous Lisa! I really can't get any more yarn at the moment, though that is so tempting. Mine's going to be in Kidsilk haze, as I've got a spare ball knocking about.

Are you still making the Dew scarf? :love:

I hope its as yummy as it looks when it comes:D Yes Im still going to be doing the Dew scarf - not sure when though as the knitalong kind of took its place:o