The 'Branching Out' Knitalong Thread

Whoops Ive just realised that I had forgotten to put a picture in of the final article ..... so here it is :D

I like your colours and it looks really soft. Nice one! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone - Im pleased with the yarn I chose in the end - its really soft and drapey and the colours suit the pattern well (well I think they do :hihi:

Very nice Lisa! Its blocked really well hasn't it. How did you find the method you used for blocking? I wanted to do it the way you and Hecate did it but didn't really have time to. Though mum was still impressed....she doesn't know any better :lol:;)

I remember reading about it somewhere when I was looking at blocking the Samus pieces and filed the idea for another project:hihi: Hecate put some links to some methods but if you put lace blocking into google I think you come up with a lot of hits. The threading bit was quite quick actually and I think the strings made the getting it all to shape easier too - I will do it again this way if I do something that has straight edges again.

It looks great, Lisa. I like the photo with the black background too - very arty! How long did it block out to in the end?

Um the black background is one of R's t-shirts as that is what I had to hand :blush: but I though black showed the pattern better than a pale background. I blocked it to 7" by 65" but it seems to have shrunk back a bit:huh:

I cast mine off at the beginning of the week but I just can't face blocking it so it is hiding at the moment - out of sight, out of mind and all that. Anyone fancy blocking it for me !?!?!?! :)

I keep forgetting to get new batteries for the camera so no pictures yet!

If you really can't face blocking it, I'd be happy to do it for you (though you'd have to stick it in the post) :) .

...Um the black background is one of R's t-shirts as that is what I had to hand :blush: but I though black showed the pattern better than a pale background. I blocked it to 7" by 65" but it seems to have shrunk back a bit:huh:

LOL It really does highlight the lace pattern and emphasise the colours :) .

::digs out non cat hair-covered black t-shirts for subsequent photos:: :lol:

If you really can't face blocking it, I'd be happy to do it for you (though you'd have to stick it in the post) :) .

Aaaaaw thanks Hecate! But I couldn't bring myself to get someone else to do my dirty work for me :)

I'll do it one day soon, I promise! The deadline I've given myself is before 1st April so that gives me another week or so...

I am very happy with it though and I like the colours. No particular colour seems to stand out in mine which is good, and I didn't have one knot in the yarn at all either.