Meeting new people in Sheffield???

Hi,

I'm moving to the north of England from Australia later this year, in fact I leave in 6 weeks but am travelling for 3 months before I settle in the UK. I am looking to settle in the Sheffield or Leeds areas, somewhere close to Barnsley where I have family. It depends on where I can find work really.

I just wanted to say thanks for the great advice on how to meet people in Sheffield. I look forward to catching up with you all later in the year. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Well welcome back - don't choose Leeds, choose us! :)

We should all meet up in a pub in town, wearing something that shows we are from the forum!!!!

you know like they do on blind dates :P

Everyone has to wear a Mr Blobby outfit...?

Cheap, and easily arrangable..

Or maybe not.

i would only have to wear pink :P

Just kidding i'm not that size really honest :o

Lol, would be funny... I was imagining u with yellow polka dot skin for a minute....

So if people meet where should we meet?

I am definitely up for a meeting, 20 something, 30 something - its all the same as long as were all up for making new friends and having a laugh. Nice to see a man whos sacrificed for a woman for a change, seems to be mainly the other way around on here!! I don't have any suggestions on when and where to meet though, or what to wear. Will go along with anyone elses idea, as long as its public and safe and they sell lots of alcohol!!

meeting up would be fun but think alcohol would defo been needed :hihi:

Glad a read this post, i have been here for a year now and still only know my bloke, my son and step son and chat to the butcher in crosspool. Thats why i like this forum it feels like i am not alone in shef. I am from Leics and also lived in Notts for a while, I miss meeting up with friends for lunch or coffee or having a bottle of wine and girly gossip. I am early 30's i don't think it's that easy meeting friends at this age, especially with 2 kids under 5! :|

HI everyone

I am also new to Sheffield (well Ive been here a year but still consdier myself new) and I also moved here to be with my man!! I am a Yorkshire lass anyway (albeit West) so have not had to worry about accents and am conscious I need to find some friends and develop something of a social life.

As we all seem to be in the same position, and as it appears there has been talk of meeting up, why dont we do it? UNfortunately I am pretty busy most weekends for about the next month but we could all meet up somewhere for a coffee (or cocktail) one evening and see whether we fancy meeting up again.

We could maybe meet at Meadowhall in the bar in the Oasis. That way no one needs to feel conspicouus (cant spell that word!) and if no one turns up, we could always shop!! Plus it is nice and safe...

What do you all say? How about a thursday night?

x

Well i'm up for that anytime this week BUT not tuesday 13th as i'm gonna see westlife:P :P :P

HOw about next Monday? the 19th March?

Is the bar at Oasis good for you?

I'm up for that as well. If everyone agrees a time and day I will come along, any week night is usually ok with me, weekends are usually busy. Which oasis bar are we talking about? Upstairs in oasis? Don't wanna go to the wrong one!!