The Temp Agency Thread: Whinge & Moan Here

Kerrie

Why rant at other people who have to work when you so clearly can live off your other half. What a waste of time you starting this topic. How do you think these people feel who work 12 hours a day listen to you saying i want this this and this but don't have to work because my other half will keep me. When someone gos into an agency who is desperate for work and really wants a job. Who would you find one for first. There are a business not charity. I bet you go to all agencys telling them the same then moaning on the forum because your bored at home, while your partner is out working.

Discovery you have some excellent points come and work for me the chicken factory

Just to proove im not above doing temp work, i did some last week, but quit because it wasnt for me.

i was told by the agency as long as my time sheet was in by 10am Monday I would be paid this friday. Before I finished my assignment last week, i had the manager sign off on my time sheet and fax it to the agency at around 4pm (my shift ended at 5).

well today, being as its friday, i go to the atm and check my bank balance. i havent been paid. i call the agency at around 1pm and they say theyll investigate. its 4.45 and i havent heard back. i know the agency closes at 5, so i ring up chasing them up. the people who answered my call were plesant, the women who sent me on my assignment wasnt. she was curt and rude. she said i never faxed over my timesheet and thats why i wasnt paid and i wont be paid until NEXT friday. ****ing assholes.

[/rant]

Just to proove im not above doing temp work, i did some last week, but quit because it wasnt for me.

i was told by the agency as long as my time sheet was in by 10am Monday I would be paid this friday. Before I finished my assignment last week, i had the manager sign off on my time sheet and fax it to the agency at around 4pm (my shift ended at 5).

well today, being as its friday, i go to the atm and check my bank balance. i havent been paid. i call the agency at around 1pm and they say theyll investigate. its 4.45 and i havent heard back. i know the agency closes at 5, so i ring up chasing them up. the people who answered my call were plesant, the women who sent me on my assignment wasnt. she was curt and rude. she said i never faxed over my timesheet and thats why i wasnt paid and i wont be paid until NEXT friday. ****ing assholes.

[/rant]

Agree totally, arseholes. Wasn't Brook Street was it? The manager there, <blank> (well she was last Feb, the staff leave so often I can't keep up), was a total cow to me last year.

:rant:

Agree totally, arseholes. Wasn't Brook Street was it? The manager there, <blank> (well she was last Feb, the staff leave so often I can't keep up), was a total cow to me last year.

:rant:

no it wasnt. im actually not going to name the agency directly - just because i think its a sheffield forum policy of not naming names. if i could, i would.

no it wasnt. im actually not going to name the agency directly - just because i think its a sheffield forum policy of not naming names. if i could, i would.

oops.

oh well!

oops.

oh well!

trust me i WANT to. i wonder if i pm a mod if theyll let me. lol.

fudge it. its search agency based off eccelsall road.

trust me i WANT to. i wonder if i pm a mod if theyll let me. lol.

fudge it. its search agency based off eccelsall road.

Hehe, well I have no experience... dunno if they are the people that deal with recruiting for Virgin Media as the e-mail on the ad is 'search.com or search.co.uk' at end? If so they're ignorant twots.

yeah they are dealing with the residential recruitment.

my partner went to search as well. He turned up 10 mins early for his appointment, they left him waiting for 30 mins then came out with the biggest pile of forms you could imagine for him to fill in. They gave him the forms and just left him in reception to fill them in.

He walked out!

He may have needed a job but why do they think they have the right to treat people like something they find on the bottom of their shoe!!

I've been a temp for the past 5 years, as I work overseas in the summer, so temping suits me fine over the winter.....

I am currently registered with Search and find them excellent.

In the past I have used Adecco who are the biggest pile of crap ever, they treated me like absoloute tripe, luckily I knew the Area Manager from when he first registered me, so I made a huge complaint... especially as I ended up sorting my part time contract into a full time one myself.

So yes, When I came home this winter, I knew to avoid Adecco, and went to Search, and they are have been fantastic. Yes, I was in Reception filling in forms, but thats only because its a shared building and their offices aren't big enough to have people sitting in there filling out forms. I also spent a further 30 minutes or so in there just having a general chat so the girls there could get to know me.

I'd rather spend 20 minutes filling in a form so they know what I am like.....

The day after I registered, I had calls about suitable jobs, and they recently found me a longer term placement until I move back overseas and I couldn't be happier there. I am always getting phonecalls to see how I am getting on, and I find them excellent.

Maybe if you go in there and are nice to them, they are more inclined to help, rather than going in and being rude and kicking off about having to spend 20 minutes filling a form in.

As for not being paid, I forgot to send my timesheet in last week, so thats my own fault that I didn't get paid.. but on monday when I dent both weeks timesheets in, all it took was a quick text messaqge to see if they had recieved it or not. They did, so I'll get paid.

I'm sorry but in this day and age an agency should not be having you sat filliing in forms - that's just poor