Aikido in Sheffield - where & when?

i was under the impression that most instructors in aikido were generally at or above 4th dan... I could be wrong of course, maybe that was the just the couple of clubs that i've seen.

hi, just to ask some more questions about the posted aikido information on this page.

could anyone tell me about the styles of aikido practised in the formentioned dojos ?

has anybody any idea on thr prices of the classes or there regularity ?

would it be possible for me to join one of the university dojos if i am not a student?

TOMBODOJOJ

you mention one dojo is used three times a week by three different clubs. could you please give me more information on these clubs ?

thanks for bearing with me and sorry for the barrage of questions and absolutely no hlepful information

James

hi, just to ask some more questions about the posted aikido information on this page.

could anyone tell me about the styles of aikido practised in the aformentioned dojos ?

has anybody any idea on thr prices of the classes or there regularity ?

would it be possible for me to join one of the university dojos if i am not a student?

thanks for any response. i look to start practising aikido when i return to sheffield in about 1 month. any info would be great.

James

Originally posted by waxy chuff

Does anyone know of aikido classes in Sheffield? Ta very much.

Hiya

My ex did aikido for more than 12 years. When he moved to sheffield, he joined the aikido club at Sheffield Hallam and spoke well of it and the dan.

They run classes on Mondays and Fridays and is open to all who have a Hallam sports card or something like that.

http://students.shu.ac.uk/sport/

Originally posted by Cyclone

i was under the impression that most instructors in aikido were generally at or above 4th dan... I could be wrong of course, maybe that was the just the couple of clubs that i've seen.

Club at my old uni was run by one of lecturers - he never wore a black belt so assume not a dan.

Pretty sure he would have worn a black belt if he could - was quite happy wearing the Haks and letting everyone know he was the 'boss' at the club. Guess an attitude he carried from being respected in academic circles :)

Originally posted by wasenshi

Dan grades usually just wear hakama. :)

Indeed, but is not usual to wear dan belt with the haks?

If not then apologies to instructor at that club I mentioned!

There are two Aikido books by Sheffielders:

1 Aikido and Randori

2 Discovering Aikido

good one at sport hallam, runs monday and friday i think

there is a very good akido club at the cdyst at crosspool on coldwell lane, an ex military guy that learnt the art in the far east country of origin