Aikido in Sheffield - where & when?

Dunno if it is still going but there used to be a club at Waltheof Sports Centre, (Prince of Wales Road) which I trained at for a while.

I loved training there (the Sensei was EXCELLENT) but it was a bit far for me to travel on a regular basis, plus I was the only female in a class of blokes which sort of put me off a bit.

I'm actually looking for an Aikido or Judo club in the Rotherham area (I live in Wath-upon-Dearne), so if anyone knows of any...?! :)

i'm pretty sure that the club at waltheof is still there

I believe the club at Waltheof is Aiki-Jutsu, which is something inbetween Aikido and Ju-Jitsu. I know one of the instructors there.

The aikido club at the English Institute of Sport at Attercliffe is very good and the facilities couldn't be better. They use the training rooms used by the GB Olympic Judo team. The instructors are indeed "only" 2nd dans but don't let that put you off.

I'm actually looking for an Aikido or Judo club in the Rotherham area (I live in Wath-upon-Dearne), so if anyone knows of any...?! :)

Don't know if its any good to you. I was looking a while ago for an Aikido or Judo club in rotherham (live in Maltby). Didn't locate any. I did find Ikkan Dojo in Dinnington. The guy teaches BBT. Its surprisingly good if you can get past the prejudices built up in the 80's movies.

The Sheffield Aikido Club now meets at the English Institute of Sport at 7pm on Thursday evenings. Its a fantastic venue and Aikido is a great form of self defense without knocking the hell out of each other.

there is a new traditional aikido club opened at 925 grimesthorpe road (sheffield judo club)

classes are tuesday and thursday 7.30 - 9.30

women and men, non-experienced and experienced are all welcome.

hopefully see some new faces there soon.

will

Rowan Aikido

I'm training at a Shodokan Aikido Club, actually the university one, but they have a town club as well. Beginners always welcome.

check out the website in the signature (just figured out i can do that! :D ) for info and links to the town club website.

cheers