'I wish my cats were dead'

Hes a pretty pathetic excuse for a pet owner isn't he? Its folk like him filling up the rescue centres. cant put what I really think as the profanity filter will render it incomprehensable

More disturbing perhaps are some of the responses that follow...

:(

Bizarre!

I know! (to both comments) I can't believe 'people' will actually say this publicly.

I'd be so ashamed if I felt that way.

i cant b arsed to read it all cus its just makin me more mad but what was the outcome in the end?did he rehome,kill or was he just joking bout?:rant:

I could not make up my mind whether he was entirely serious or not. I would like to hope it was all tongue in cheek though

I think it was mostly humour, he was asking people's opinions as to what he should do though which unfortunately generates comments that aren't meant to be tongue in cheek :(

Oh, you're going to hate me pets forum friends, but I thought it was hilarious! Definitely funny, not real. If you look at his life (6... S-i-x (!) children)and like Joe says, where he's posting... tooo funny. Really, as one of the commenters said, if you hate cats, why do you have three...?! Says it all really.

It was the comments it generated noodle... Unfortunately I don't think in today's society you can get away with saying that as a joke due to the amount of people who do think that way.

Perhaps I'm being over-sensitive but I think in an age where pets seem to matter not and are treated like that every day, his writing style wasn't the best way to go about highlighting the situation (if that's what he was trying to do)