Sissoko ... The New Vieira ???

Sissoko is basically a destructive player and he's a very long way to go before he approaches the heights Vieira reached in his all round game and I atleast haven't seen anything thus far to suggest that he'll get there.

I agree he is not yet the player Viera was but, Barcelona's coaching staff, along with many experts, stated the fact that in both legs of the Champions League games between the two, Sissoko totally abolished everything that Barca tried to create in midfield, hence the reason he is now a target for a number of top sides.

I'm not claiming Mommo is on par with Vierra, but what i will say IMO is that he has massive potential, is only a very young man, and with certain aspects of his game developed, could become a truly great signing for Liverpool.

Remember Ronaldo when he arrived at Man U (two totally different types of players i know, but just an example). He looked like a dazed cat when running around. Aimless passing, 100 dummies ending with him falling over, and absolutely no end product. Look at him now that he has learnt our league, been coached and developed. The improvement is amazing.

My point is, IMO, Sissoko has the potential to develop into a world class midfielder, and judging by the interest in him, so do alot of world class football managers.

On track for my prediction coming true I reckon.

On track for breaking the record for re-introducing the world's oldest thread more like :hihi:

Hysterical.

A classic case of LFC Paul looking at things through those old tinted glasses again...

Hysterical.

A classic case of LFC Paul looking at things through those old tinted glasses again...

Not really Guderian!

Momo Sissoko may not have fulfilled early potential (which in his first season was there for all to see) but he has still become a good midfielder that has attracted lots of interest from many top clubs like Juverntus etc!

At the end of the day Guderian, Liverpool will get something in the region of £8m - £10m for Sissoko, either in January or in the summer, which is a massive profit on a player that we payed £5m for!

Now that Guderian.... is hysterical :D

If Sissoko is worth £10m, then I'm worth at least half that.

Only joking. He's not a bad player, but he's worth nothing like £10m, and if Liverpool are offered that they should take steps to make sure he goes.

I had big hopes for momo - but as time goes on he just seems to get worse and worse. Sure, he's brilliant at winning the ball, but half the time he is only chasing posession that he's given away with his loopy passing.

With the arrival of Lucas I reckon Sissoko is redundant. I know they're both completely different types of players, but Lucas and Masch both have what momo doesn't - CONTROL!

We should bite off any hand that has £10 mil sitting in it.

I had big hopes for momo - but as time goes on he just seems to get worse and worse. Sure, he's brilliant at winning the ball, but half the time he is only chasing posession that he's given away with his loopy passing.

With the arrival of Lucas I reckon Sissoko is redundant. I know they're both completely different types of players, but Lucas and Masch both have what momo doesn't - CONTROL!

We should bite off any hand that has £10 mil sitting in it.

When I created this thread Waxen_Pith, Momo was looking absolutely awesome! He was playing in such a way that it looked as if (with a little tweaking) he could go on to be a truly world class player! How things have changed! I still think he has a lot to offer as a player and would almost certainly strengthen alot of top clubs team, were he to join them however, Liverpool's midfield is so strong at the moment and Momo just can't get enough games to regain the confidence that he has never really got back since after his first season at the club!

Any bid between £6m - £10m should be accepted in January and let Momo move to a team where he will get a good run of games. If he does, then I still believe he has the potential, talent and the time to still become a really good midfield general!

Agreed mate, sorry, didn't see the start date of the thread! He's put in some stunning performances - against barca last year for example. It's a real shame though that his confidence has taken a beating and he can't seem to improve on the missing elements of his game - especially his passing.

I'd be the first to cheer a revitalised momo, for as you say, when he first came here I thought he was going to be something special!

Agreed mate, sorry, didn't see the start date of the thread! He's put in some stunning performances - against barca last year for example. It's a real shame though that his confidence has taken a beating and he can't seem to improve on the missing elements of his game - especially his passing.

I'd be the first to cheer a revitalised momo, for as you say, when he first came here I thought he was going to be something special!

Yeah, it looked like he could have been your right. The thing is though, i'm having the same feelings now as I did then about the young Brazilian that we purchased early last summer. Lucas to me looks the real deal and somehow, I don't think his form will suffer in the way that Momo's has the past couple of seasons! Lucas looks very, very good IMO!