Sissoko ... The New Vieira ???

Yeah, it looked like he could have been your right. The thing is though, i'm having the same feelings now as I did then about the young Brazilian that we purchased early last summer. Lucas to me looks the real deal and somehow, I don't think his form will suffer in the way that Momo's has the past couple of seasons! Lucas looks very, very good IMO!

Lucas looks amazingly confident and compsoed for a lad his age - and always seems to find himself in space. And remember, he's already won player of the year in Brazil last year!

Fingers crossed...

Not seen this Lucas yet but I've heard good things. Tim Vickery has been banging on about him and Kerlon for about 3 years now.

Not seen this Lucas yet but I've heard good things. Tim Vickery has been banging on about him and Kerlon for about 3 years now.

Kerlon seems to have dropped off the planet. Kept getting injuries didn't he. What's to stop someone shoulder barging him when he's bouncing the ball on his head like a ****?

this is a great post - I was having the same discussion today - evryone was saying that Liverpool beat Newcastle last week with 10 men because Momo was so dire. he looks absolutely rubbish and his awareness and passing is third rate, but if I was an opposition player I would hate to play against him because he has these telescopic spaghetti legs, and you can't get away from him. He's one of the best breaking up players in the league, but playing him is a defensive option, which should not be taken at Anfield, but maybe in some away ties. His poor distribution is only surpassed by Hyppia's, and Carragher is no Alan Hansen, so to get the best out of Sissoko you need to have some centre backs who can distribute the ball and make the extra man in midfield (Agger is a bad miss). Barcelona were allegedly considering a circa £14m bid before the season started, and although he would not please the purists at the Camp Nou he would do a good job of protecting their back four.

this is a great post - I was having the same discussion today - evryone was saying that Liverpool beat Newcastle last week with 10 men because Momo was so dire. he looks absolutely rubbish and his awareness and passing is third rate, but if I was an opposition player I would hate to play against him because he has these telescopic spaghetti legs, and you can't get away from him. He's one of the best breaking up players in the league, but playing him is a defensive option, which should not be taken at Anfield, but maybe in some away ties. His poor distribution is only surpassed by Hyppia's, and Carragher is no Alan Hansen, so to get the best out of Sissoko you need to have some centre backs who can distribute the ball and make the extra man in midfield (Agger is a bad miss). Barcelona were allegedly considering a circa £14m bid before the season started, and although he would not please the purists at the Camp Nou he would do a good job of protecting their back four.

There will certainly be no shortage of takers for Sissoko when the window opens in January, that's for sure. Guderian thinks it is funny to suggest Liverpool would get £10m for him, I think we will (or maybe just under). One thing is for certain though, Liverpool will make a very tidy profit from Momo, as they will Carson and Crouch also!

You think Crouch is on his way?

I'd hate to see Crouch go - I think he's got loads to offer the team, and not just as a Fairclough style super-sub. It seems, however, that Rafa puts alot of stock in Kuyt, who, regardless of his immense work rate, has still got a lot to prove as far as I'm concerned.

I'd like to see crouch and Torres get a good run together. With Kewell back to form that could be a potent combination!