Holidays.

I have never been on this site before and was trying to find out where was still hot abroad in September. Me and my boyfriend are going away 20th ish of September and I'm a bit worried that a lot of places will either be not so good weather and everything being closed as it's quite late. Has anyone been away in late September before and if so where did you go? I'm not a great fan of flying so 2-3 hrs would be enough really!!!

The med countries will still be very warm in September and will still be busy, if its a package deal your after then

Spain

Greece

Turkey

Portugal

will all still be busy and hot

Canaries is busy and hot all year round

I have been to Spain in October and we were still sunbathing on the beach all day, ok it did get a bit nippy at night but nothing major. In my opinion it is a better time to go. Cooler/Cheaper etc

Beware!

The weather isn't guaranteed once you exit August. We have had good and bad weather out of season. We once went to Salou in October and it rained torrentially for a full week.

On another occasion we went to Estartit on the Costa Brava in September and it was very unsettled.

However, we have had fabulous weather, too at this time of year.

The Costa del Sol should be a safe bet or The Canaries, but it could get a bit windy there at that time of year.

I went round a lot of Spain last November.

Was really nice weather, mostly sunny, hardly any rain. Probably not hot enough if you just want to bake on the beach all day, but probably fairly typical temperatures you'd get in late summer/early autumn in the UK.

not sure why you would end up at the sheffield forum looking for global temperatures.

Ah...........its obvious

This site is the centre of the universe & a hotbed of debate:D

(take that sheffield telegraph:mad: )