Female Pakistani minister = murdered...

Aaahh as usual our resident haters can't wait to launch another endless tirade. The man who murdered that person is a nut. Apparently his reasons for killing the poor woman is sufficient enough for the haters.

You will not find one single muslim commandment forbidding women from position of power. Indonesia the country with most muslims on earth (not pakistan or saudi arabia my fellow haters) was ruled by shock horror a woman.

Pakistan was ruled by a woman. shock horror. Bangladesh seems to be in love with women presidents.

But let's not get in the way of good ol islamo bashing. But then again Some folks have nothing else to do

Aaahh as usual our resident haters can't wait to launch another endless tirade. The man who murdered that person is a nut. Apparently his reasons for killing the poor woman is sufficient enough for the haters. You will not find one single muslim commandment forbidding women from position of power. Indonesia the country with most muslims on earth (not pakistan or saudi arabia my fellow haters) was ruled by shock horror a woman. Pakistan was ruled by a woman. shock horror. Bangladesh seems to be in love with women presidents. But let's not get in the way of good ol islamo bashing. But then again Some folks have nothing else to do

I'm presuming that you're voicing your horror at this murder and I applaud you for your stance. But you have to admit that we're constantly being shown reports of muslim "clerics" men who talk one way in public and quite another in private, would you agree? And the barrage of negative reports, last week it was chastity belts and now this week, little girls being warped into wanting to wear niquab, it just gets worse and worse. And then people like you will say this is not representative of the religion they know? These people with their mad ideas have to come from somewhere, don't they? And we get the idea that they're being encouraged by certain people in the mosques.

My view is quite clear, provided these people never get into any position of power over my life or the lives of any people I care about, I'll be quite happy for them to believe whatever they like. But the way things are going that can't be guaranteed even in this country, do you disagree?

My view is quite clear, provided these people never get into any position of power over my life or the lives of any people I care about, I'll be quite happy for them to believe whatever they like. But the way things are going that can't be guaranteed even in this country, do you disagree?

Come on ruby you never believe the newspapers do you ?

Yes some muslims are daft but so are some of every other group.

Islam demands that any person converting must do so under free will so you have no need to worry.

Do you know that many thai who have dealings with english tourists think that all english are sex mad perverts who use prositutes and sprew up on the carpet after drinking far to much ? That's what they see and they never look further than the small amount of tourists that they see.

The actions of a vocal minority often show those that are guided by stories without checking the facts a picture that is not as true as it seems.

Come on ruby you never believe the newspapers do you ?

I look, I listen and I take note of what I see and hear in the real world, and I form an opinion. As for believing the newspapers, I'm referring to TV reports on the news programmes, evidence in court cases, etc etc. Filming at demonstrations or riots is easy to mock up, would you say? You can overdub bloodcurdling threats and violent gestures? Alter the wording on placards that are being carried?

Are you saying the undercover filming in the mosques on Ch4 a few weeks ago was faked? On another programme, the women who were trying to get into the mosques to pray were not really being turned away and threatened with violence? That women are regarded as unequal in the matters of their word, their human rights and sexual abuse etc. Are all these things untrue? If so, the Muslim Council should be asking for the BBC, ITV, Channel4 etc to be chastised for bearing false witness.

It wouldn't really matter if the Muslim population was going to stay as the small minority that it is now, or be less demanding. But even the CEO of Sheffield Council said the other day that the minority population is set to become 30% in Sheffield in the future. I always thought that after a few generations of living in a democratic country, all this religious observance would have disappeared but the younger generation of Muslim seem to be becoming more militant and fanatical and arrogant as time goes by.

It's a serious challenge to our autonomy as a democratic, secular country.

paisley and adams.

We all have our nutters

Did they go around blowing womens brains out in the name of God, mmmmmm Dont think so.

So trying to kill some women for the way they think is ok ?

Not the person's thinking, but actions; the gender was irrelevant. In this case the gender was the reason.

But you have to admit that we're constantly being shown reports of muslim "clerics" men who talk one way in public and quite another in private, would you agree? And the barrage of negative reports, last week it was chastity belts and now this week, little girls being warped ...... [rant snipped]

We must all understand that news editors choose what you see, hear and read for whatever reasons they have that day.

Try to look at it another way. She died whilst in a political and societal position that inherently challenges the past and is part of the way forward to a more inclusive future.

Perhaps if you thought of her as a latter day Emmiline Pankhurst or Emily Davison you might find it more comfortable?

But if you want to go around broadly blaming Muslims, mosques, Islam, clerics or even more extraordinarily "Muslim apologists" then your mindset is as bad as the bloke that pulled the trigger.

But if you want to go around broadly blaming Muslims, mosques, Islam, clerics or even more extraordinarily "Muslim apologists" then your mindset is as bad as the bloke that pulled the trigger.

Are you a Muslim, Tony? If not, how do you know how having those ideas forced into your mind everday from being a small child could affect your mind? I could say to you "if you want to going around being an apologist, your mindset is just the same as his".

I still don't see any wholehearted condemnation of these actions from most Muslims, on SF or anywhere else. It's all pussyfooting around, they won't come straight out and say they don't believe these things. Perhaps they're afraid to for fear of the consequences?

I think trying to mask what happened to this woman by comparing her to a suffragette is just off the wall. She wasn't protesting against Islam in any way, not like the suffragettes were actually fighting against the vested interests of their day, she was just doing her job and killed solely because she was a woman. Is that not the fact of the matter?

If it isn't and the things he said afterwards he didn't believe solely because of his faith and the clerics in the mosques don't believe them solely because of their faith, why not just come out and say so? And stop teaching these ideas and stop these old men spouting them at every opportunity?

I think trying to mask what happened to this woman by comparing her to a suffragette is just off the wall. She wasn't protesting against Islam in any way, not like the suffragettes were actually fighting against the vested interests of their day, she was just doing her job and killed solely because she was a woman. Is that not the fact of the matter?

Did you read the article?

Not the person's thinking, but actions; the gender was irrelevant. In this case the gender was the reason.

So killing for political reasons is OK ?

So killing for political reasons is OK ?

Killing is never ok, but we are talking about two wholly different things here. The IRA consider/ed their actions as part of an organised war against the UK.

This was the action of a fanatic because of a woman's choice of clothes, and indeed the fact that she was female.

The two cannot be linked.

In fact the first female MP voted into the British parliament was a Sinn Fein politician.

Ah, I know this one, she was a Unionist and American too, Nancy Astor.