Chantry Record shop?

Does anyone remember the record shop called Chantry?

It was round the back of the Sheaf market looking towards park square.

I seem to remember shopping there around 1990 but can't be sure?

There used to be a chantry records in Rotherham. Don't know if it was the same company..

i remember it very well......i started DJin in 1989 and used to buy all my records from there........before it was behind the sheaf market it was under one of the shops on commercial street near barclays bank and now the bloke that owned it (chris i think,tatooed head) has a stall in chrystal peaks....well he did upto a couple of years ago.

yep I remember Chantery records i bought a lot of music from there,it was on commercial street he had all dj buissness cards around the top of the walls even mine.(because of the amount i spent i always got a good discount of freebies-promo copies. it was partly run by Richard Marshall if i can remember right who ran the winds of change disco,although im having second thoughts and it may be ran by the guy who ran Winds of change disco. After that chantry records moved to Middlwood road and changed its name to Hillsborough records.

sadly thats now gone

There was Revolution Records as well on the Gallery. Used to have lists on the wall with prices of Motown and Nothern Soul singles that you could not buy anywhere else. Then Roulette in the market, now 'Their price', also outlets in the hole in the road and Aldine Court just off High Street and in later days a little shop on the Moor.

Prior to that there was Kens records in the old Rag & Tag market.

Also a good shop at Rotherham in one of the shop units outside the market. Can ayone rember its name? Used to catch the 69 bus and always come home with something.