Sign in to follow this  

Mobile contract help.

I have just come to the end of my 1 year contract. I now want to go onto pay as you go as I needed a contract for business before.

Is it possible to change to pay as you go and keep your old number?

Sorry if the question is a bit dumb but I'm no mobile phone fanatic and not up with the issues.

Orange have certainly done this for me in the past. Ring up your network, explain you'd like to cancel your contract and convert the number to pay as you go. They can send you a new SIM card that does this and keeps your current number.

For me, I took out a new contract with a new handset and number. I then set up the answerphone message on my old (now pay as you go) phone to advise callers of my new number. Then turned it off and put it in a drawer. Hey presto, callers who haven't got my new number can find it out (until the old number gets cut off for lack of top-ups) and I get a new contract/handset.

Thanks HotPhil.

I am in total shock.

Just called 150 from handset and they have done it for me straight away, same number and all !!!

Didn't think it would be that easy.

Cheers, That has saved me some hassle I can tell you.