Heroes on Sci-FI Channel / Now BBC Too!

We've just finished episode 5 and I don't think I've ever so instantly got into a show, this however, is brilliant. I only recently watch the X-Men trilogy and loved it so this show is just the best thing ever.

I've decided to download the rest of the serious (naughty I know) but I just can't wait any longer!

Role on season 2 and I'm only a 5th of the way into this season! :)

It is pretty addictive, but I don't see the point of Peter Pertrelli (spelling?), he seems like a whiny waste of space at the moment. I guess that'll change when the series progresses tho, seeing as Hiro looks more Ninja-esque in the future!

It is pretty addictive, but I don't see the point of Peter Pertrelli (spelling?), he seems like a whiny waste of space at the moment. I guess that'll change when the series progresses tho, seeing as Hiro looks more Ninja-esque in the future!

Hahaha yes wait and see...

Split season releases are one of the most evil things the marketing people inflicted on the UK. Does anyone else in the world have to suffer them? And why do we have to pay almost four times as much as the US for the same product? :rant:

no idea, but its wrong and evil. the us doesnt, we release everything all together at once.

and yeah peter is QUITE important to the show especially around episode 13.

Has anyone/ Is anyone watching this? I watched it on Sci Fi and must say I thought it was pretty good! I hope they show the 2nd series over here!

Watching it on BBC3/2, and loving it! (Haven't got SciFi, just Freeview)

I believe the BBC has bought the rights to show series 2 first.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/070827-01

Exclusive! Secrets of Heroes' Kensei Legend Revealed

by Michael Logan

Heroes by Justin Lubin/NBCHeroes' Takezo Kensei

Can't wait for Season 2 of Heroes? Hardcore addicts can get a quick fix right now with Sword Saint, a new five-part NBC Web series that's currently streaming on YamagatoFellowship.org.

"It's a fake documentary — actually it's more like a Ken Burns mockumentary — that explores the legend of Takezo Kensei," says Heroes creator Tim Kring, referring to the iconic samurai whom Hiro (Masi Oka) will encounter this fall in 17th-century Japan. "Like Burns, we use academic professors, only ours are actors, and they share their historical insight against a background of paintings, tapestries and graphics. It's a chance to dig a little deeper into the new season. Part of the social currency our fans trade on is their knowledge of the show, and this is a fun, cool way to know a lot more than the next guy."

Narrated by John Rhys-Davies (of The Lord of the Rings, Sliders and the Indiana Jones flicks), the series unfolds in three- to four-minute installments. It follows the super-swordsman as he takes on a number of Herculean labors — battling snake women, climbing a massive frozen waterfall, single-handedly defeating 90 cannibals, that sort of thing — in order to find and slay White Beard, a Genghis Khan-wannabe who is trying to conquer Japan. In an über-operatic climax, Kensei cuts out his own heart in order to save the princess he loves. These stories were told to Hiro as a child by his father, the powerful Kaito Nakamura (George Takei).

When Heroes returns Sept. 24, Kensei will be played by former Alias star David Anders, who, last time we checked, was still Caucasian. But this is not some politically incorrect casting mess. "I promise you'll get the scoop behind this in the season premiere," says Kring. "We're going to reveal why — contrary to legend — Kensei is not Japanese."

This will seem like a contradiction but it's called being open minded.. I absolutely hate it because I hate this type of genre. However, the pro gramme is excellent in terms of content etc. I just don't get sci fi. sorry. I only know about it because my son was watching it.

I wasn't going to watch it at the start because I didn't want to waste my time, but I saw the first episode and have been hooked ever since, really great programme

I've already seen it all on SciFi, and it's bloody brilliant. I shan't spoil it for anyone. I just hope there's another series, i can't believe it ended like that!