Recommmendation for Walk & Pub around Dore or Grindleford?

Hello! :wave:

I haven't really been in the 'walkers group' much before, but thought my query would be much more appropriate here than in the pets group :) ...

This weekend I've got a couple of friends staying and we were thinking of what to do on saturday. We need to walk my dog both sat & sun - I'll take them to Graves Park on sunday but didn't want to take them to the same place twice...

So I was thinking, for somewhere different, of catching the train to either Dore or Grindleford and having a nice walk around there; ending up at a pub!

I was wondering if anyone could advise on where would be best to go?

Ideally I would like somewhere we can walk without having to put Gadget on the lead (eg Parks rather than countryside fields) thats picturesque. Probably just 1-2hrs easy walk, as my friends aren't 'experienced walkers' ;). The pub needs to be dog friendly with a lovely cosy atmosphere and homecooked food.

Not asking for much, am I?! :hihi:

From previous threads I've heard these pubs are dog friendly, but never been...

The Hare & Hounds (S17 3GR)

Cricket Inn (S17 3AZ)

Any recommendations?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Hmm, not sure about that area KatieB... maybe your best bet would be Albert T Smith, who suggested a great walk on this thread. Maybe send him a PM, he's pretty knowledgeable about that end of town!

Hmm, not sure about that area KatieB... maybe your best bet would be Albert T Smith, who suggested a great walk on this thread. Maybe send him a PM, he's pretty knowledgeable about that end of town!

Cheers feargal I'll check it out :thumbsup: