British Acheson Claywheels Lane

My dad worked there all his life until he retired. He was a crane driver, his name was Stan Dronfield. Sadly he passed away in 1991.

Worked with a guy called Albert Dronfield any relation ??lived at Handsworth smashing guy .

My dad worked there for donkeys years he was a fork lift driver his name was Hughie Andrews hes still going the old bugger.

7 hours ago, ACE WASTE said:

My dad worked there for donkeys years he was a fork lift driver his name was Hughie Andrews hes still going the old bugger.

In the early 1970,s I repaired their office machines.I remember that their road was very slippy with the graphite on it.When I worked at Brown Bayleys steels we used their electrodes in our arc furnaces. 

Ace Waste . I worked at UC in the packing then nuclear shop. Knew  your dad. We used to live next door to Hughie's mother and father in law Lillie and Les Daubney. Knew his wife Janet who sadly died.  Give him our best wishes. Our names are Eddie and Anita. He will know who we are.

Eddie and Anita i remember you well i was only a kid at the time did you emigrate? i remember you brought my nan and grandad a light up gondola ornament back from venice which had pride of place on top of the yorkshire range.

i hope you are both well.

John.

Hiya John. Didn't emigrate. Just moved across the Pennines to Blackpool that was 1984.  We  are both well, now in our 70s but doing OK. Both daughters Carron and Emma are married. We have six grandchildren. oldest 25 youngest 2. So we are kept very busy. Hope all is well with you and your family. Give our best wishes to  both your Aunties, Lynne and Dot if you see them.