British Acheson Claywheels Lane

Used To Work There For Ages - He Worked With Fred Billard, Someone Called Wadelow, Dennison, hutcheson

my father worked there for donkeys years from around 1967? to the place closing when i think only the special shop was operating.

my mum used to walk me and my brother along claywheels lane sometimes to meet him in the holidays and we used to take an apple for the horse in the long field(dobbin).

my father was called Bill Harper and was friends with Rod Cherrill and a bloke called dennison or hutcheson who lived on the flower estate and gave my dad a lift to work when they were on the same shift

my father worked there for donkeys years from around 1967? to the place closing when i think only the special shop was operating.

my mum used to walk me and my brother along claywheels lane sometimes to meet him in the holidays and we used to take an apple for the horse in the long field(dobbin).

my father was called Bill Harper and was friends with Rod Cherrill and a bloke called dennison or hutcheson who lived on the flower estate and gave my dad a lift to work when they were on the same shift

if he worked with dennison and hutcheson then this is who my dad worked with bet he know him

My Dad Used To Work There - His Name Is Derek Walton Understand They Used To Call Him Hitler - Wonder Why

Asked my dad and he said that your dad was called hitler because he was strict when he was a chargehand..........but said he was firm but fair and some people just didnt like it when he called a spade a spade........their problem eh? better to know where you stand than have a snake being nice to your face and then stabbing you in the back.

he mentioned these names

Eric Thickett

Brian Whitham

Brian Parker

Bill Mathison

Dennis Walstow (it was him who gave my dad a lift)

Mick dennison

Terry Hackett

Jim Abajam

Stan Namsell

Mick Hudson

Ian Spurr

Ian Pinhorn

Jack Hutcheson

yes my dad did say he could remember him and that my dads name was on every toilet door for being strict etc but eh never mind

just said he knows most of the others as well - does your dad see any of them

yes my dad did say he could remember him and that my dads name was on every toilet door for being strict etc but eh never mind

just said he knows most of the others as well - does your dad see any of them

no my dad hardly sees anyone these days hes turned into a hermit!

My dad also worked there for years, he was a over head crane driver called Tom, or Tommy Walker. Anyone know him. he retired before the place closed down. he is stil alive and I am sure he would love to hear from anyone who worked there. My brother worked there for a few years as well John Walker.

My Grandma worked in the canteen at British Acheson in the sixties and seventies.Her name was Mabel, anyone remeber her?

Here are some of the names that I know that worked at "The Black Hole"

Ron Green

Derek Trigg deceased

Brian Marshall a greyhound connection I think!

Phil Straw local author

A famous tv and film actor for a while John J. Carney deceased

Did Naseem Hameds dad work there for a while? lots of Yemenis and Arabs including Mohamed Assad did!

Other memories include:

The Turner Trophy for snooker

The darts team played at The Harlequin

Xmas party in the canteen for kids and looking up into the ceiling area and seeing the balloons in a big net for the works dinner dance the following week!

Wow lots of memories flooding back now.

My father worked there and retired sick in the 70's He was Arthur Shaw and lived at Shiregreen He was a crane driver Do you know of him:)

My dad was Jack Millbrook, I remember goin to those Xmas parties when I was a kid!