Advice on sore skin and eczema

Hi Edna, thats true, some people even react to E45. I am tempted by the Body Shop range. Which store do you work in? I used to go in a lot so might even know you (the Orchard Square one I mean).

In your professional opinion do you think SPFs aren't necessary when you say you prefer creams without?

Also, just out of interest why do the Body Shop discontinue products that people love using?

Hi Edna, thats true, some people even react to E45. I am tempted by the Body Shop range. Which store do you work in? I used to go in a lot so might even know you (the Orchard Square one I mean).

In your professional opinion do you think SPFs aren't necessary when you say you prefer creams without?

I don't work instore now - worked in Orchard Square many moons ago when it was at the old site. I was a trainer for them in the end but I still dabble occasionally:)

SPF - I have oily skin so to be honest i don't like them as they tend to be a bit rich but if you work outside they are a must. I have them for days when i'm out in the sunshine but i don't think in an office environment tbh that's your main concern. I'd be more worried about air conditioning drying my skin out. :)

Edna, do you not use SPF on sunny days just going to and from work etc?

I do fancy using a facial wash but I guess these would be too harsh? Do the Body Shop do these?

Edna, do you not use SPF on sunny days just going to and from work etc?

I do fancy using a facial wash but I guess these would be too harsh? Do the Body Shop do these?

I leave for work at 7 and travel home in my car at 5.30 so rarely is it required!

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/22617&bklist=icat,4,shop,sc,sccleansers

This is a facial wash, however i'd recommend them for a morning use when you are in a rush...(aren't we all) but when taking your make up off at night, a cleanser is really the only way to do it thoroughly. in a morning it's just grime from your pillow unless you've gone to bed with your make up on (amazingly it doesn't matter how drunk i am, I never do this! I can find clothes strewn everywhere and things in weird places but i ALWAYS manage to take off my make up! :hihi: )

Hi Mo, when you say steer clear of all skincare made by cosmetic companies do you even mean the Body Shop stuff? Emolients just seem to make my face so greasy.

Well my daughter has never tried BS products so can't truthfully comment on that one and as she is severely allergic she may get an irritation where others would not. For instance, Simple soap makes her face red raw.

I know that the BS are good at giving out little samples for you to try so am sure that if you explain your problem they would oblige. That way you find out if the product is good for you without going to the expense of buying the full size container.

I tend to buy it form Superdrug in meadowhall, but it's also available in larger boots stores the range is extending all the time and there is now a wash available (although I have not tried it yet) They are giving free samples if you register at the website at the moment!

Steph

i think you should use soap free cleansing bars to wash ur face and hands with, i think avene or a derma in boots have these, or you could use eucerin cleanser and eucerin moisturiser/ or aveeno. no7 foundations are good and they dont irritate skin.

Hi, just wondering if anyone can advise me. I use perfume free products on my skin but just lately my face has been all itchy and sore. I use Simple wipes and basic Boots moisturisers and non perfumed make up, either Clinique foundation or Boots N07 tinted moisturiser. I use E45 on body and that seems to control the itchiness there but the E45 cream is a bit heavy on my face. I don't know what to cleanse and moisturise with or what make up to use.

It could be the time of year, my eczema used to get bad around the April/May time and I didn't know why, I used Diprobase cream from boots and mines nearly all gone now:D

also dont use too many different products on your face and avoid foundation on some days to let your skin heal. stick with eucerin or aveeno. aveeno soothes itchiness and keeps skin soft it has natural colloidal oatmeal in it and eucerin is good for itchy and dry face.

My brother used to suffer terribly with excema, the produst for it are very heavy and greasy, the advice you've been given sounds very helpful in that area.

I noticed in your original post you mentioned that just lately it'd been worse? If thats so it may be worthwhile to look into hayfever reaction as well, i get shocking hayfever and it often makes mu skin raw, itchy and very dry if I don't use my anti-histamines. Hope thats helpful :hihi:

I have suffered with ezcema for 23 years now I use all the simple products but have recently discovered AVEENO the most fantastic proucts in the world no irritation at all, my face is usually the worse but since using this hardly any problems

Make up wise whilst in America I discoved Bare Escentuals Mineral makeup which sells itself's on the fact it's make up so pure you can sleep in it and to me it is no irritation what so ever!!!

having never suffered with skin problems I now have psoriasis on my elbows, can AVEENO work for this?

for psoriasis eucerin is better like the intensive treatment cream or eucerin lotion. aveeno is a bit mild.