No mans land dump what can I do to cover

Hi my garden is under construction this year but I need some idea of what to do with the bit which will be behind my fence its nobodys land yet it looks like everybody has dumped crap there over the years. So far I have had about 10 skips and I dont want to waste my money on this bit which will go behind fence eventually.

How can I cover the rest of the rubbish that is there should I throw wild flower seeds on but they will only look nice I presume at certain times? Or could I plant some bush type thing that can spread, but I dont want to have to maintain I want something that doesnt grow tall but looks green all year through dont mind something that flowers. Does holly spread? any suggestions please?

if you want to look at picture to give better idea hopefully the links below will work. I have one from before I started work which has grass on and one with the fence removed and state its in at the moment. I dont want to do all my garden and then then sit at the top and see all the rubbish behind. I can only put a small fence because of the wind and also it doesnt look that bad in summer.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/oggyngolly/P4190004.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/oggyngolly/PC100004.jpg

Hi my garden is under construction this year but I need some idea of what to do with the bit which will be behind my fence its nobodys land

Why is it nobody's land? Seems a waste of space really to leave it to run wild.

Surreptiously move the fence further back and take the land in ... if you can keep it fenced for so many years, you can claim it yourself ... I think :)

I dont really want to claim it as then I will be accepting its responsibilty and I havent had anything to do with it as it was like it when moved in. My garden is a massive project anyway and this would be extra expense to sort.

I understand what you mean with claiming but I dont want the hasstle. Its nobodys because every body has there concrete posts and this heap is inbetween so doesnt belong to anybody.

How about contacting the council and requesting that they organise some sort of a tidy up of the area?

Presumably you want something that will cover it all year round and establish really quickly. Try ivy or periwinkle. They'll tolerate shade, will spread quickly and are evergreen. You could then plant through them with plugs of self-seeding wild flowers. They'll do much better than shrubs or cultivated annuals if the soil is poor. I bet tall spikes of foxgloves or great mullein would look fab. Also try comfrey, you can then harvet the leaves as green manure or for liquid fertiliser feed

To cover the trees go for a couple of rambling roses and Clematis (Montana) they will quickly take over the crowns of the trees.