Best and worst areas results...

t020

After conducting 2 polls in the Sheffield Related Chat forum, the results for the best and worst areas in Sheffield are as follows:

Best Area poll:

What is Sheffields BEST area?

Dore 17% [ 16 ]

Ecclesall 23% [ 22 ]

Fulwood 22% [ 21 ]

Ranmoor 15% [ 15 ]

Totley 7% [ 7 ]

Other (post explanation, not just 'cos i live there') 13% [ 13 ]

Total Votes : 94

Worst Area Poll:

What is Sheffields WORST area?

The Manor 47% [ 37 ]

Pitsmoor 19% [ 15 ]

Parsons Cross 2% [ 2 ]

Burngreave 12% [ 10 ]

Firvale 8% [ 7 ]

Other 8% [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 78

the best and worst areas in Sheffield

Yes, but Dore is not a suburb of Sheffield - it's a village (as its residents never tire of reminding us)

So should it have been included?

Originally posted by "Abby"

the best and worst areas in Sheffield

Yes, but Dore is not a suburb of Sheffield - it's a village (as its residents never tire of reminding us)

So should it have been included?

Of course its in Sheffield. Its well within Sheffields boundary, has an S17 postcode, an 0114 phone number, etc etc.

• 3 years later...
Of course its in Sheffield. Its well within Sheffields boundary, has an S17 postcode, an 0114 phone number, etc etc.

Chesterfield has an S postcode, but it's clearly not in Sheffield.

I think you will find that any poll is not representative unless all the different locations are added, and that the people participation are from a wide cross section. The results tell me that the people who participated probably came from south sheffield. :|

I think you will find that any poll is not representative unless all the different locations are added, and that the people participation are from a wide cross section. The results tell me that the people who participated probably came from south sheffield. :|

it's because thats where the best areas are.

What about Firth park, Southey, Shiregreen? How do these areas compare in people's estimation?

i live in firth park and its terrible now. its not safe to go to the shops at night or to the cash points, theres always gangs of youths hanging around. my 14 year old son was robbed at knife point there last year, he wont go out now unless hes with someone.

Archived