Debris on parkway last night

anyone see the debris on the parkway last night ? or better still did anyone see where the debris came from ? damage was caused to my husbands alloy wheel and its going to cost a fortune to replace, can anyone advise whether we can claim back the cost from anyone ?:mad:

i doubt you can claim anything from anybody. it's just going to be accidental isnt it.

thats probably going to be the case troublejoe , :( but we all pay insurance and it seems that when ever people have accidents it still costs us . i was just hoping someone else may have been in a similar situation and they may have been able to help but thanks for replying :)

there was a tyre , part of a bumper ,and a large rock along with some other unidentified crap .

I hate to say it, but if it was so large how come he didn't see it and avoid it?

If it was debris from an earlier accident the highway patrol team (council bobbies without powers) should have cleared it.

You could try pursuing the council with a negligence claim if so, but it's probably fruitless. Just accept it as one of life's pokes at you with a sh***y stick and move on.

I was driving my brand new car under the Tinsley viaduct some years ago when, a bolt sheared off the upper part and damaged my roof.To cut a long story short. I contacted the Highways Agency and they sent a very nice man along to see the damage and I had to state which part of the viaduct I was on so they could see where the bolt had been.My car was repaired and they paid in full.

Contact them as soon as you can,cos the debris must have been removed by them,therefore you have proof!

PS Dont ever drive in a convertible or have your sunroof open when under the viaduct,apparantly bolts shear off every now and again and I would hate to think what one would do to your head.

If it was debris from an earlier accident the highway patrol team (council bobbies without powers) should have cleared it.

Ahh you mean the wombles ?? Useless.

anyone see the debris on the parkway last night ?

Did you report the debris to the Police or Streetforce ?

it's the first time this sort of thing has happened to my Husband and it was so annoying that after replacing the tyre with the spare and trying to sort out getting the other one replaced we never thought of that Hadyn.pretty sensible really now i think of it .

it's the first time this sort of thing has happened to my Husband and it was so annoying that after replacing the tyre with the spare and trying to sort out getting the other one replaced we never thought of that Hadyn.pretty sensible really now i think of it .

For everyone out there, if you do report these sort of incidents, it might just save the next poor sod coming a cropper, but what number to use ?

SY Police: Sheffield 2-20-20-20

Street Force: Sheffield 2-7-34567

They can only act on things they know about.

:thumbsup: