The all things tattoo megathread

I have got a few tattoo's, and tried many places, got to say am very happy with Pinks at southey green, about 5 minutes from hillsbro in a car.

Call in a see their designs.

Try using the search function, its been answered a million and one times before. Feline, Q-Tattoo and Thou art. In my opinion. All the rest are crap.

Mod note: Merged into the tattoo megathread, so you can see lots more opinions (including mine).

let us no tom, what u had and what u think. :)

Hi,

Just got back from Pinks, wow what a girl, my tat' looks amazing!!

I am really pleased with it, the girls are really lovely too they made me and friend feel really welcome. Would highly reccomend them.THANK YOU Vicki and Helen.

I am sure you will see me again :D

Sam xxx

Try using the search function, its been answered a million and one times before. Feline, Q-Tattoo and Thou art. In my opinion. All the rest are crap.

That's a bit harsh! Have you seen the stuff that's been coming out of our studio recently? Daves wildlife and portrait work is great and Pauls work is vibrant and very tight - he particularly likes his old school stuff.

Hi Badhairdo, I e-mailed Dave a few days ago regarding my back piece, has he had time to read it do you know? Cheers

Do any of the tattoo places in sheffield have good custom artists? Everything I see seems to be flash :/ I dunno whether thats cos its all they can do or its all that people want these days..

SAB15 - I don't know. I shall ask him on weds (he has tues off) when I next see him.

Baldyshef - I can only speak for the studio I work in, but the flash is there really to bring people into the studio and also to provide inspiration from which to draw from. We very rarely do flash 'as is'. It gives people a starting point and allows us to see the sort of stuff they like. Most reputable artists, including our own, are more than happy to take on custom work as it allows them a little more freedom of expression.

Baldyshef - I can only speak for the studio I work in, but the flash is there really to bring people into the studio and also to provide inspiration from which to draw from. We very rarely do flash 'as is'. It gives people a starting point and allows us to see the sort of stuff they like. Most reputable artists, including our own, are more than happy to take on custom work as it allows them a little more freedom of expression.

The problem is that all the websites and stuff are filled with tacky photos of bad flash on the lower back of chavs..

Ive been wanting to get my first tattoo for a while but unless i want a tribal or a celtic knot then i seem to be screwed :(

Do you know of any local shops that have online portfolios? Ive looked at the eternal site but i guess its under construction or summit.

Id like a moon about the size of a 50p with a couple of bats silhoutetted against it.

Trouble is I dont have an idea of how much that would cost. Can you have your own ideas done or do you HAVE to choose from the pics they have on the walls?

whats the best after care cream, have u used after having a tattoo. Am using E45, but this tattoo is very sore, neva had one that is this sore.