The all things tattoo megathread

If you cant decide what you want for yourself, then maybe youre not really ready to get it? Its with you for life, why would you want someone else to choose it for you?

I'll second that, u should have a tattoo for u, nobody else soit should mean somthing and be special to u. Having a tattoo shouldn't be made lightly cos they are with u for life, which is a long time to regret somthing!!

Did anyone go to that new tattoo place on glossop road today? I fancy giving them a try as my usual one keeps letting me down. Where abouts on glossop road is it?

I have 2 tats and looking to get a large custom job of my sled-dog team on my back. My current tats were done at Jimmys in blackpool, a very talented artist and dear friend, but sadly no longer with us as died last year. this will be my biggest tat to date and looking for a top-notch artist to do it. who would you recommend?

Greg at Van Shaik's comes highly recommended, he does freehand. They are just off Leppings Lane near Hillsborough park, but I think they just opened another premises. They're well known so shouldn't be too hard to find out where the new place is.

gregs new place is on shalesmoore on the left as you travel out of town on junction nr car sales pitch hes closed i think for a couple of weeks to continue refurbishment but call at van schaicks in hillsborough for confirmation of openings etc also steve at the hillsborough shop is exceptional so if gregs busy ask for steve tell greg or steve that roger/bev recommended them

gregs new place is on shalesmoore on the left as you travel out of town on junction nr car sales pitch hes closed i think for a couple of weeks to continue refurbishment but call at van schaicks in hillsborough for confirmation of openings etc also steve at the hillsborough shop is exceptional so if gregs busy ask for steve tell greg or steve that roger/bev recommended them

Or Muzz - these are exceptional artists, would recommend them to anyone :thumbsup:

Feline just off Ecclesall Rd are very good.

Just had one done by Steve at Van Schaiks and I was very impressed.

It was no where near as complicated as what you suggest you will be wanting, just a pattern of stars, but he was fantastic in discussing exact designs, making suggestions etc. And the final tattoo is great!

I live in sothall myself but always travel into rotherham to go the the tattoo studio in the market as Hoppy there has won awards, he is by far the best, at designing tattoos too

I'll second Feline.

I'll third Feline - the artist who did my custom tattoo, Maria, has since left to start her own studio. I'd still definitely go back to Feline if I fancied another though, very professional (excellent artists), very clean, very friendly with a nice atmosphere.

Leah x