The all things tattoo megathread

She could try Eternal Ink on West Street who are excellent.

They charge a £1 per minute which I think is a pretty fair going rate.

Ive a lower back tat and it was bay far the most painful one I've had. Cost me £45.

Cheers

Jim:thumbsup:

PS I think they look pretty cool on ladies as well

I got mine done at Mr Personality a couple of weeks ago. It's on my hip, about 12cm by 10cm. It cost £60.

I'd go there and take your daughter in for a chat with them. They won't do anything unless your daughter is sure. They'll want to know how long she's been wanting one etc...

The lower back is very painfull as well. I was chatting to the girl who works there and she had a tattoo on her ankle and her lower back. She told me that the lower back was more painfull! Thank god I had mine elsewhere!

It cost me (if I remember correctly) around £40, at the Inkmaster studio in Killamarsh

After Lucy had hers done I had a (roughly) 2cm x 6cm design gone over for £30, same place & tattooist. I originally had it done at Body Runes and it cost me £30 then too.

ive got one the size of a young babies foot.. (actually.. it is a print of a babies foot..) it cost me 70 quid and to say its pretty simple and only took about half an hour.. i think that was perhaps quite a lot

The cost will depend on quite a few things:

Intricacy of the design, amount of colouration/lining, how many needles the artist has to prepare, how much the design has cost etc etc.

The main thing you are paying for though is time......more time = more money.

Tattoos have become very fashionable and hence very expensive compared to a few years ago.

I think the pain thing has to do with how close you are to the bone.....lower back you are right over the spine, ankles are painful so I hear:o

The worst one that I had done, pain wise, was on my shoulder blade. Fleshy parts are okay though.....just like a rough scratching, if that makes sense.

Janie - as for your daughter. the only advice I can give her is to give a lot of consideration to the design as she will have to live with it for the rest of her life.

Hi,

I found tattoofinder.com really good - I had a design off there on my foot (now that really does hurt!!!) and it cost about £50. Would also recommend the place onWest Street - I know a lot of people who have had them done there with no complaints.

I saw a woman in the pub yesterday with a gorgeous ivy peice on her foot, it looked lovely! wouldnt mind that myself!

I had a small SWFC owl done last year and that only cost me £15.

btw, i wudnt recommend a tat on lower back, i had a design on my lower back, and had to go back 3 times i was in agony, cried, was sick, it was really really awful, i wouldnt go through it again, NEVER!!!!!!

The lower back actually isnt that painful. Try the crease of your elbow, or over the bone on the elbow, or the topsof your feet. Thats painful, makes the back feel quite pleasant in comparison. Anyway, Id personally reccomend Feline on Hickmott Road, and Q-Tattoo in Orchard Square. Both turn out quality work.

I have been considering having a plain monochrome tattoo on my own lower back; personally I would avoid having the area over the kidneys tattooed, as that is quite sensitive, and I guess a tattoo would be most painful there.

A word of warning about where to place the tattoo. I know that it is common practice in the 'S&M' adult 'entertainment' community for 'dominant partners to have an asymmetrically placed tattoo on the back, and for 'submissives' to have a centrally placed, symmetrical tattoo.

I would suggest you find a good tattooist who will also know about the conventions of location and design of tattoos, to avoid any inadvertant choices!

I'm thinking of having my 2nd tattoo ( I have a characature of a fruit bat on the top of my arm) But don't know what to get, I would like something at the top of my other arm possibly stretching onto my shoulder. Any idea's???? It needs to be something I can cover up with a t-shirt at work.

Thanks in advance.

I'll post pics once i have had it done so you can see what you have made me do lol.

If you cant decide what you want for yourself, then maybe youre not really ready to get it? Its with you for life, why would you want someone else to choose it for you?