The all things tattoo megathread

Does this mean you have only been pierced there ? Cos from my own experience i've found that being pierced and being tattooed are two very different things.With a piercing you're only there 5 minutes so its harder to judge.I used a particular place for piercings (before i coud legally or financially get tattooed) for a couple of years and would take friends there also but found the first time i got tattooed there i didnt like it at all and never went back.I got the ink covered by a better artist a bit later

Got to disagree there. I appreciate that it does seem a little unfriendly at first, but once you get chatting they're really friendly and professional, plus my tattoo looks fantasic! Also my fella went there and they worked with him to develop a great design.

I didnt name a particular place and wasnt talking about Feline.I have been there before but its not for me

coming back from town on the bus past west bar, i noticed that the small purple tattoo shop had a sign above it saying 'VAN SHAIKS'. Ive had a few tattoos done at van shaiks on wadlsey lane, hillsbro, but why does it have the same name? has it been taken over by the same guys?

coming back from town on the bus past west bar, i noticed that the small purple tattoo shop had a sign above it saying 'VAN SHAIKS'. Ive had a few tattoos done at van shaiks on wadlsey lane, hillsbro, but why does it have the same name? has it been taken over by the same guys?

Greg bought the shop off a guy called Andy who moved away (to Spain i heard)

Greg bought the shop off a guy called Andy who moved away (to Spain i heard)

I see, so is it just greg that works there or do steve, sam work there aswell?

Which one is greg btw? the young lad who always wears a vest?

thanks for reply milch

I see, so is it just greg that works there or do steve, sam work there aswell?

Which one is greg btw? the young lad who always wears a vest?

thanks for reply milch

I dont treally know anything about the new shop as i only go to Hillsborough.Steve works most days. Sam is always at another shop in Buxton whenever i go in.The guy in the vest i think will be Dave.Greg is the guy with the tattoos on his face but he isnt always there

so whos that massive scottish biker!? so many names!!!

I've just been told a tattoo shop is opening, or maybe allready has opened, in Broomhill, somewhere near The York.Does anyone know anything about them?

I dont treally know anything about the new shop as i only go to Hillsborough.Steve works most days. Sam is always at another shop in Buxton whenever i go in.The guy in the vest i think will be Dave.Greg is the guy with the tattoos on his face but he isnt always there

Greg seems to be spending a lot of time at the new studio at West Bar.

I work around the corner from there so have been spending a lot of time talking to him about the design I want doing next.

He has a few good ideas to re-work my original design slightly, which sound pretty cool.

Am I right in assuming, then, that he is a good artist? I'm going back there in a few days to see some photos of his work.

I've just been told a tattoo shop is opening, or maybe allready has opened, in Broomhill, somewhere near The York.Does anyone know anything about them?

really? ive not noticed it. opened at the wrong time if it has opened, no students about. Bet they do a goo design of the university hockey club crest

Does this mean you have only been pierced there ? Cos from my own experience i've found that being pierced and being tattooed are two very different things.With a piercing you're only there 5 minutes so its harder to judge.I used a particular place for piercings (before i coud legally or financially get tattooed) for a couple of years and would take friends there also but found the first time i got tattooed there i didnt like it at all and never went back.I got the ink covered by a better artist a bit later

I have only had a piercing done there but I've sat with my ex boyfriend while he had a tattoo done there and they were really smiley and professional and the tattoo, which Feline helped him design, was ace.

I had a tatoo covered up at Dragon on Mansfield Road near the Embassy pub. They're really good. When you walk in there's pictures of natives and old indian styles all over. They're really into the native thing.