The all things tattoo megathread

Hi I want to know if anybody does on knows of anywhere that does skin coloured tattoos over scars or where pigment has been lost , in Sheffield ?

I've seen some offers on Groupon recently for ink time with Good Vibrations and Street Art Tattoos.

I've never seen offers like this before but it seems like a good offer.....I've been planning to get another tattoo for a while so I'm tempted.

I've always been to Mr Personality in the past who I've been really happy with but I find it hard to get an appointment at a convenient time and it can be really pricey.

Has anyone got any reviews or advice on the two places advertising on groupon?

Cheers all......:help:

Hi I want to know if anybody does on knows of anywhere that does skin coloured tattoos over scars or where pigment has been lost , in Sheffield ?

I was told you can't tattoo over scar tissue. As it's softer and just rips. I got advertised to have some thing big and colourful around the scars. As to get attention off of the scars and onto the tattoo.

Im looking for a tattoo shop to do some coverup work on an old tattoo. What or who is considered sheffields top artist(s)?

They used to be a really good one in Intake. I think his name was Simon. But that's going back about 10 years. I got mine there.

They used to be a really good one in Intake. I think his name was Simon. But that's going back about 10 years. I got mine there.

Do you mean Simon at Feel the Steel? If so he's still there and is an extremely good artist.

http://www.feelthesteel.biz/

there's another Simon,he's in rotherham although he used to be in Sheffield...second to none is the name of his studio...

Dave Fox at Van Schaiks at Hillsborough is the tops when it comes to cover up work....a real artist.

Hi, I'm wanting to get a half sleeve done and I'm after a portrait sitting on a background of things relevant to the portrait.

I've had a look through this thread and there are lots of recommendations but it seems artists move on etc and a lot of the posts here are quite old. A lot of portraits look a bit naff so was thinking of ditching the idea but then I saw Nigel Kurt's gallery and his portraits were brilliant. I looked at Feline and some others listed and theirs didn't look as good. Would you say Nigel Kurt is the best around Sheffield/South Yorkshire for portraits? Or is there any equivalent/better artists whose gallery I should look at that I might have overlooked cos there are a lot of pages.

Cheers