The all things tattoo megathread

I used to have mine done there,sounds like Matt Wood,the owner,Ian,sacked him for dishonesty and his poor attitude(his words,when I asked where he was).Ian said the last he heard,he was tattooing in the back of a hairdressers in Chesterfield.
WRONG ON ALL COUNTS......I know Matt personally,the truth is a little more mundane,thats all I will say.

---------- Post added 01-07-2013 at 21:16 ----------

Does anyone know the name of the young tattooist that used to work at inkmaster in killarmarsh , his first name was matt I think, he started a tattoo and would like Him to finish it but not sure where he works now.

I know Matt and have his number,PM me.

Anyone recommend anywhere for Arabic writing done? I had a quote from Thou Art. Wondering if anyone can recommend?

I had my back piece done by Jim at Thou Art and I can recommend him but I think he has gone back to Scotland. I spent quite a few hours in the studio at Thou Art having my tattoos done and all the artists seemed very professional. The tattooists at Q Tattoo are also very good.

Oh ok. That's great thanks. They have a walk in artist available daily and was tempted by that as its a ASAP job but I don't know who it is and not seen hi work :/

I personally would never have a tattoo done by anyone who I haven't seen their work or who has been personally recommended. You need to remember that a tattoo is for life and if you rush into it you may have a long time to have regrets. I love all my tattoos and I have no regrets about any of my tattoos as they all mean something to me but I did my research first and used the tattooists who had the experience to do the job. Good luck with your tattoo!

Hi,

want my nose pierced again. Was going to go to Thou Art but I've read some v negative things about almost all the staff leaving, etc and their facebook posts are so annoying! - three or four a day advertising 'walk in' slots for piercings and tattoos (I don't believe anyone should just walk in, especially for a tatt!)

Anyway, with that in mind, I'm not sure where to go. Feline's piercer isn't in tomorrow so that rules that one out. I'm in S6 but don't mind anywhere in town really. Any ideas?

Can anybody recommend the best place to go for nose piercing??

Heard about Lisa at the Forum or Blue Banana, Orchard Square??

thanks

I'd say Thou Art on Chapel Walk in town.

I've had the vast majority of my piercings there and they've been wonderful.

I think nose piercings there cost £10.

I got my newest nose piercing at blue banana,and it was fine. Asked them to switch the jewellery though, because I wanted a swirl style nose stud!