The all things tattoo megathread

Roughly how much are tattoos? My god daughter wants one for her 18th birthday present from us and I have no idea how much its going to cost. I know it depends on size and how good someone is so if we said a size of a butterfly whats the going rate - if I gave her £50 would that be reasonable?

Roughly how much are tattoos? My god daughter wants one for her 18th birthday present from us and I have no idea how much its going to cost. I know it depends on size and how good someone is so if we said a size of a butterfly whats the going rate - if I gave her £50 would that be reasonable?

most tattooists charge by the hour,£50 wouldnt be far off the hourly rate [they vary from £30 to £80 ] so in answer to your question,yes it would be reasonable.

I want a really cheap tattoo on my neck.

Any suggestions?

I suggest you don't.

Me and my BFF want a butterfly tattoo on our foot, we are having half each but have been quoted £60 each by Innovation at Handsworth which to say it isn't very big seems steep?

Can anyone recommend a good tattoist, this will be my first so i'd like it to be perfect.

Cheers x

I'd say that is a reasonable price considering they'll have to use two lots of everything (needles, grips, tips, inks, cling, etc etc etc). We're £50 per hour with a minimum charge of 30mins (£25). To be honest you'd be looking at around the same price with us.

Cheap tattoos aren't good and Good tattoos aren't cheap.

"She ink" at woodhouse, top of station road her work is amazing

Would this be the same studio you're referring to?

It sure would be :)

It sure would be :)

:hihi: Awesome

I really like the one of the gorilla's hand.

cant get better than van shiaks,and he draw me my last one just for me.had all mine done there!!

i need a good tattooist close to s2 preferably that will be able to do me a commerative tat that wont cost the earth and they wont try to change the look of

i need a good tattooist close to s2 preferably that will be able to do me a commerative tat that wont cost the earth and they wont try to change the look of

Chezz if you want a decent tattoo to commemorate something then I wouldn't be opting based on cost. I can get one of our apprentices to do the job for £25 an hour. It won't be the same as if our more experienced tattooists did the job but it would be cheaper.

If you are looking for one close to you then I think Fallen Angel is close and they're a good studio. We're based at crookes and you're welcome to come here but we're not as close to you as Fallen Angel. Takes yer pick :-)

Chezz if you want a decent tattoo to commemorate something then I wouldn't be opting based on cost. I can get one of our apprentices to do the job for £25 an hour. It won't be the same as if our more experienced tattooists did the job but it would be cheaper.

If you are looking for one close to you then I think Fallen Angel is close and they're a good studio. We're based at crookes and you're welcome to come here but we're not as close to you as Fallen Angel. Takes yer pick :-)

i didnt mean cheap hun my oh has got one that a trainee did it does not look right she changed the design on it and made a mess of it and charged him £150 for 2 hours work.

i want someone whos going to do it right but not rip me off, its only a paw print im having but its a big one possibly with a name