The all things tattoo megathread

Do laser removals leave really bad scars ? I really want to get rid of one of mine (it is not very big) but am scared the scar will look worse than the tattoo itself !

no scaring....mr personality tattoo studio Chesterfield rd 01142 494131 advice is free

no scaring....mr personality tattoo studio Chesterfield rd 01142 494131 advice is free

i had some done at mr personalitys few years ago, no scaring on me .

Hi, are there any recommendations for a good tattoo artist in Hillsborough?

I'm not saying there aren't any, because there are lots around.

But, I'd say cast your net wider too. I had one I love in Sheffield, my wife hated hers from the same place. In the end we found one she loved in Nottingham and has been back a few times since. When you might be getting inked for a few hours, and it's for life, a bit of travel is insignificant.

Make sure you pick an artist as well, not just the shop. be prepared to wait as well. Good ones can easily be 6 months waiting time, especially for something big.

I have had a few tattoos so dont need advice on actually booking and getting the tattoo, I dont drive so dont want to be travelling miles with a painful tattoo

The fashion for tattoos is definitely on the decline, sure they'll always be a scene of people into it as there always has been, but all the normal everyday people with tattoos covering their entire arm and on the hand and neck etc,  just look like idiots now. I'm glad I resisted it.

Edited by Hots on

I  only had the one tattoo done.Had it done for my 50th birthday,it is a dreamcatcher design at the top of my arm.That was 13 yrs ago,but i still get good comments on it when we are on holiday,i think the odd one or two can look really good.

hots on - did I ask if they are still popular or not. tbh funny that, as a lot of people have tattoos, and still getting them. if anything, tattoos are getting more popular! 

I would like a tattoo removed. Any recommendations from anyone please? 

On 05/09/2018 at 12:38, BigRstar88 said:

Anyone got any reviews of Dragon tattoo on Intake?

Not a review as such, but I had a small tattoo done on my arm at Dragon a couple of years ago and was pleased with it

Looking at getting a small own-designed tattoo on my leg, pretty new to the area so looking for recommendations on studios or specific artists. 

Preferably in town centre or nearby S5 area. 

Website/social media links to artists work would be really helpful too!