The all things tattoo megathread

I know there are dozens of places to get tattoo in and around sheffield, but where is the best for coverup?

I have a small black snake on my ankle and I want to get it covered with something with lots of colour.

There are a few things I have been wanting for a while. But I'd discuss designs with the artist.

If anyone can recommend a place that does good coverups and good with colours please provide the website link.

Hi, I always use Feline tattoo and the last time I was there, Gav was doing a cover up of a botched job and it was brilliant.

My recommendation if you're having it done though would be to make time to go and see the staff at the parlour, show them the tattoo and let them talk you through the best way to cover it. I know several people who have had cover ups done (not just at feline) and it isn't what they wanted, so talk to someone who will try and do what you want. Different skills will mean a different quality cover up.

Can anyone remember the name of the tattoo shop that used to be under the arches in the wicker in the early 90's or the name of any one who used to work there ?

Can anyone remember the name of the tattoo shop that used to be under the arches in the wicker in the early 90's or the name of any one who used to work there ?

I remember the shop,just name has deserted me , but I will sleep on it:)

Was it was Imperial Tattoos?

Found this...

CHRIS (Hoppy)

My intrest in tattooing started as far back as I can remember.

Over the years I have used my skills in numerous tattoo studios

Imperial Tattoo - Spital Hill 1987-1989

The Tattoo Studio - Brampton 1989-1990

Flash O Colour - Park Hill 1990-1993

Imperial Tattoo - Wicker Arches 1993-1996

Dragon Claw - Ripley 1996-1997

Mr C's - Rotherham1999-2007

I have been with the guys at Dragon Tattoos since 2008.

http://www.dragontattoostudios.co.uk/?p=about

In fact its mentioned earlier in this thread. #542

Edited by nikki-red

Pete wilde used to work there, now sadly passed away. Dave (last name escapes me) was there who later opened a shop on Glossop Road (again, the name escapes me). I think quoz of q tattoo was there for a bit as well.

Would that be Dave from eternal ink on gloss op road? Not that I know where he is now!

Would that be Dave from eternal ink on gloss op road? Not that I know where he is now!

That's the one. Tattooed my leg while he was working under the wicker arches with Pete wilde. Last I heard he was semi retired, working part time from a place in Handsworth

After a bit of help. Just phoned van schaiks up found out nat and steve dont work there anymore. Was just wondering if anybody knows where they have moved on to?? Had some work done by them in the past and was after some more. Thanks

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 18:38 ----------

If these guys arent available was looking for recommendations in sheffield to smarten up a sleeve and add a few bits. Thanks

Dave Fox at Van SchaiksFirth Park.......he is an absolute artist.

Telephone 0114 2442272

Feline's my place of choice, Gail has done most of my work, and a cracking full sleeve on my other half.

Need more ink now! :)

Edited by Ruby Gloom

steve from van schaicks now has his own shop called psychos den, i think its on outskirts of sheffield somewhere