The all things tattoo megathread

Hi,

I'm due to have a large(ish) back/ shoulder piece done next week. Just been speaking to someone who has had a large tattoo on their ribs. They've advised that I should buy some lidocaine cream (such as Tattoo Numb) which is a local anesthetic cream. As it won't make been sat in the chair for 3 hours quite so bad.

Has anyone else used such products before? Any advice?

Cheers

hi its ok to use numbing cream but the pain will hit you all in one go and be alot sorer when the numbing cream wears off, as when you are having a tattoo your skin and nerves become accustom to the needles, but with numbing you are saving all the pain and soreness up till it wears off and will all hit you in one go.

as i believe if you wont a tattoo that bad then you will take the pain.

Using a 'numbing' product might give you unrealistic expectations about how much, or how little, it will hurt. Which might make the actual pain feel worse...

I had my ribs tattooed, and whilst it was about the most difficult tattoo I've had, I completed the work over a couple of sittings, and survived perfectly well. If you're 'only' going for back and shoulders it won't be anything like so bad :)

i have a a large tribal ish tattoo but not colored in black - just slightly shaded on my arm and i am wanting a full sleeve which includes covering this up, wheres best for cover ups, or does anyone recommend anyone

We've been using Mr Personality on Woodseats for years, very clean and professional. 0114 2494131 :)

Dave at Van Schaiks at Firth Park is good at designing new pieces to hide / cover up old ones.

Can anyone tell me if dragon tattoos on Mansfield road do laser removal? And how much it costs. ? Thankyou

Having recently watched "They Live " am fancying a resistance tattoo , something that shows a single figure salute to the t&%ts that allegedly run this country. Top of left shoulder , can anybody tattoo me some decent rods ???

Hi all , does anyone know where in Sheffield I can get TAXPAYING MUG tattooed across my forehead - either in Gothic or New Times Roman , and does anyone do a size 12 font , as I have quite a narrow forehead ?

Thanks .

Or would it cost extra to have TAXPAYING MUGS in plural ? Just one extra letter , but the needles might be hurting by then !

would like a tattoo that says " Rich are getting richer , poor are getting poorer" any suggestions , good folks of Sheffield ?

Having recently watched "They Live " am fancying a resistance tattoo , something that shows a single figure salute to the t&%ts that allegedly run this country. Top of left shoulder , can anybody tattoo me some decent rods ???

Yaaawn

There's an I'm bored section elsewhere on the forum.