The all things tattoo megathread

Does anybody know of any tattoo studios in Sheffield that are taking on apprentices' or do apprenticeships. Any help or advice would be greatfully appreciated. Cheers, Joe.

All i can suggest is to just call in various tattooists and ask,they sometimes do take trainees on. Worst they can do is say no.

Does anybody know of any tattoo studios in Sheffield that are taking on apprentices' or do apprenticeships. Any help or advice would be greatfully appreciated. Cheers, Joe.

If you are going to put the leg work in and visit all the studios / parlours in town take your port folio with you and anywhere worth it's salt will want to see that you can draw first.

Anyone know a place where I can get a tattoo removal ? Anyone had one removed ? What does it involve ? How much is it ? Does it hurt ?

Ive had one removed it kills its like hot fat spitting on you for 3 mins , :(

Hi there Im new so bare with me guys :) . Does any one know a really mint tattooist ? im anting half a sleeve

Hi there Im new so bare with me guys :) . Does any one know a really mint tattooist ? im anting half a sleeve

LAB13 on Attercliffe are very good, a woman named Jo has done all my tattoos so far, i recommend her. they are also open on sundays which is just for women only sessions.

Try 'Feel the Steel' on mansfield road, Simon and Beany are amazing tattoo artists, or Van schaicks at Firth Park, Dave Fox is amazing too:D

Try 'Feel the Steel' on mansfield road, Simon and Beany are amazing tattoo artists, or Van schaicks at Firth Park, Dave Fox is amazing too:D

I second the opinion that Dave Fox is amazing. He is a really good artist not just with tattoos.

For those asking about recommendations for tattooists, bear in mind that whatever you have done will be with you forever, unless you want o go through some drawn out, expensive, painful removal sessions that won't ever fully remove the tattoo.

There are a lot of tattooist around these days, if you truely want an amazing tattoo do some homework and look around. a huge proportion of the people recommended on here are only mediorce when it comes to tattooing - there are a handful of people in Sheffield that are really good.

If you want something AMAZING then be prepaid to wait and be prepaired to pay, it'll be worth it. A tattooist will be able to fit you in on that day and may charge between £20 -£50 ph, a tattoo artist may well have a lengthy waiting list and will could charge between £50 - £200ph.

For those asking about recommendations for tattooists, bear in mind that whatever you have done will be with you forever, unless you want o go through some drawn out, expensive, painful removal sessions that won't ever fully remove the tattoo.

There are a lot of tattooist around these days, if you truely want an amazing tattoo do some homework and look around. a huge proportion of the people recommended on here are only mediorce when it comes to tattooing - there are a handful of people in Sheffield that are really good.

If you want something AMAZING then be prepaid to wait and be prepaired to pay, it'll be worth it. A tattooist will be able to fit you in on that day and may charge between £20 -£50 ph, a tattoo artist may well have a lengthy waiting list and will could charge between £50 - £200ph.

It's a really good job for us that the bit in bold isn't actually true otherwise we wouldn't be in business lol. However a lot of the other stuff you have said is quite true. People need to choose their artist carefully before going ahead with the tattoo in the first place. That said, other removal isn't always due to poor artistic skills, a lot comes from simply changing your mind about the tattoo you've had.

Best practice though is to see the portfolio of the artist and studio before making your decision.

Also bear in mind that the recommendation might vary according to the style of tattoo - someone might recommend an artist who did a really nice traditional Japanese piece, but they might not necessarily be the right person to do a black & grey portrait etc...

Hi,

Im looking to start my own airbrush tattoo business and been looking at some complete start up kits but not sure where to begin if you have a airbrush business can you give me some advice I know I will need a compressor, Ive seen a full kit on ebay but been researching and alot say buy things seperate because you may not use everything or you might not be able to get the parts

I know all about needing liability insurance and a licence its just the equipment I'm struggling with.

Thanks