The all things tattoo megathread

Cheers for the link, there's some really good stuff in the galleries. Not 100% the style im going for but definately the closest thing I've seen to it. Im more than happy to go out of Sheffield (but obviously if there was somewhere in shef that would be handy!)..it's my first tattoo & something I've been thinking about for years now so I definately want to get it right.

Cheers for the link, there's some really good stuff in the galleries. Not 100% the style im going for but definately the closest thing I've seen to it. Im more than happy to go out of Sheffield (but obviously if there was somewhere in shef that would be handy!)..it's my first tattoo & something I've been thinking about for years now so I definately want to get it right.

Yeah it's worth making the trip for something that important. The only other people I can think of that might be good for you is Fil at Ultimate Skin in Leeds:

http://ultimateskintattoo.com/main.htm

Its a flash site so can't send you exact URL, you'll find him in the menu though. I saw him doing some illustrative style stuff at a tattoo convention recently and he is absolutely brilliant, great with colour - nearer than Birmingham too! He has a big waiting list but definitely worth it I think, will have waited 4 months for mine!

Or Bez in Sunderland, who I hope to go to one day, absolutely amazing, one of the best in the country in my opinion:

http://www.myspace.com/triplesixstudios

Good luck!

I've gone from not being able to find any artists that seem right for this to being torn between a few! I especially like Bez's, his stuff his amazing. Long waiting list for him too I'm guessing? Not that I mind, when you're getting something that's going to be on you forever whats a few months waiting. Thanks again!

I've gone from not being able to find any artists that seem right for this to being torn between a few! I especially like Bez's, his stuff his amazing. Long waiting list for him too I'm guessing? Not that I mind, when you're getting something that's going to be on you forever whats a few months waiting. Thanks again!

No probs... Bez is very in demand but from what I understand a thoroughly nice chap, a friend of a friend goes to him regularly. Book asap!

Holy moly!! That guy Bez's stuff is amazing! I think I better start saving my pennies....

Thanks for sharing the link :D

It says on their website that Bez isnt taking any apps till 2010! And even then he only selects certain people with stuff that he wants to do as his requests outweigh his time..lets hope he has a thing for alice in wonderland! It's worth a try anyway :/

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has tried Irezumi on Abbeydale Road yet?

Everyone I know goes to Feline and loves it, so I'll probably end up there eventually, I'm just looking at other options first.

in my opinion there is noone in Sheffield that could get this right for you.

Must say though, Thou Art and Feline are certainly the best in Sheffield, Fiona Long did a great job of my boyfriend's tattoo, just not the right style for Alice in Wonderland IMHO.

Well you obviously havnt see much of Fionas work. She was The best female in the world and the best in the uk not so long ago. Check her website to see the work she and other artists in the studio produce.

Fiona is a worldwide award winning tattooist and is not easy to get time with but well worth it.

Check the site http://www.fionalong.co.uk/fiona.htm

Take the time to go and see the artists talk to them and ask to see photos of thier work.

Edited by ruffday

Bez is the dogs danglies!!!

But sheffield has amazing talented tattoo artists, fiona long, thou art and q tattoo being the ones i know about and i am a fan of! Please keep the awesome tattoo ideas in sheffield!

Edited by irezumi
change of mind

Well you obviously havnt see much of Fionas work. She was The best female in the world and the best in the uk not so long ago. Check her website to see the work she and other artists in the studio produce.

Fiona is a worldwide award winning tattooist and is not easy to get time with but well worth it.

Check the site http://www.fionalong.co.uk/fiona.htm

Take the time to go and see the artists talk to them and ask to see photos of thier work.

Like I said I think Fiona Long is fantastic and I am well aware of all her awards, have seen all of her portfolio actually - my other half had a great piece done by her. But at the end of the day all tattoo artists have their own style, and no matter how good they are if its not the style you want there is no point going to them. Believe me I have researched all the best Sheffield artists long and hard, spent months looking at portfolios before I settled on Leah Moule. Fiona is certainly one of the best in the country, all I am saying is that Alice in Wonderland isn't an area I see falling into her style - thats all. However that does depend on how the person who is having the tattoo done wants it to be treated of course!