The all things tattoo megathread

hi,

not tattoo related but i know most tattooist do piercings too.

well anyway, i need a little help.

i had my lip pierced yesterday (Thursday) and i know they swell (Ive had it done before as well as other piercings) but its really swollen looks like Ive been punched in the mouth and is hard around the hole (i think this is just down to the swelling) i have kept it clean with salted water and mouth wash several times aday. its really tender and bruised.

if anyone could help it would be fab!

thanks

keep an good eye onit.did the piercer use a bigger bar to allow for swelling??dont eat spicey food.use a good mouth wash not to stronge.the main thing is not to touch it .i know its hard.try to clean it after meals.keep a check to see if the bar inside your mouth aint started to sink into the skin.if so take it out.the piercer must have used a bar to short.....

http://www.lab13studios.co.uk

me neither
i aint and ive been tattooing for 15 years:loopy:

Hi

i just wondered if anyone could tell me roughly how much a tattoo in black probably no bigger than 2"square would be? I want to have it on my shoulder if that helps. (its a treble clef if anyone's interested)

Thanks in advance

Leigh

Hi

i just wondered if anyone could tell me roughly how much a tattoo in black probably no bigger than 2"square would be? I want to have it on my shoulder if that helps. (its a treble clef if anyone's interested)

Thanks in advance

Leigh

the musical note question????????around 20 pounds maybe 15 :)lab13studios.

keep an good eye onit.did the piercer use a bigger bar to allow for swelling??dont eat spicey food.use a good mouth wash not to stronge.the main thing is not to touch it .i know its hard.try to clean it after meals.keep a check to see if the bar inside your mouth aint started to sink into the skin.if so take it out.the piercer must have used a bar to short.....

i had it done at lab 13, the bar is massive i think it needs changing now (ive had it done just over a week), it has a small pea size lump but other than that the swelling as gone down now.

i always clean it after meals and i use watered down mouth wash

i had it done at lab 13, the bar is massive i think it needs changing now (ive had it done just over a week), it has a small pea size lump but other than that the swelling as gone down now.

i always clean it after meals and i use watered down mouth wash

The lump is an early indication of irritation. Your body will create excess scar tissue to cushion the fistula whilst it heals. Try not to play with the piercing and I would give it 2-3 weeks before downsizing as if you have the jewellery changed too soon, the thread can damage the fragile fistula and cause it to swell up again. Avoid alcohol for this length of time and make sure your very weakly watered down mouthwash doesn't contain alcohol. Once you nail the cause of the irritation, the lump should break down.

I decided to have my tattoo laser removed about 18 months ago.

I did a consultation and was told that 6 - 12 treatments should remove it fully. I have now had 6 treatments and on the last treatment was informed that the green ink in the tattoo (which has hardly faded at all) may never come out.

I originally had a daisy chain around my upper arm and the green ink is used to link the daisy's (as in a daisy chain, duh). It now looks like I will be left with random green lines around my upper arm which I think will be more unattractive than the tattoo in the first place.

Does anyone else have a bad/good report about the barbaric sport that is laser tattoo removal???

How about turning into the Incredible Hulk every time you get angry? When you're in "Hulk" mode your skin will be the same colour as the tattoo so people won;t be able to see its unsightly green lines.

Hope that helps!

I don't know anyone thats had it done but i remember reading that you can't remove green ink.

I know you have just got rid of one- but have you though of getting another one thats more to your current tastes that incorporates the green?

I decided to have my tattoo laser removed about 18 months ago.

I did a consultation and was told that 6 - 12 treatments should remove it fully. I have now had 6 treatments and on the last treatment was informed that the green ink in the tattoo (which has hardly faded at all) may never come out.

I originally had a daisy chain around my upper arm and the green ink is used to link the daisy's (as in a daisy chain, duh). It now looks like I will be left with random green lines around my upper arm which I think will be more unattractive than the tattoo in the first place.

Does anyone else have a bad/good report about the barbaric sport that is laser tattoo removal???

Oh god, all that trouble and effort just to be left with some random green lines. I take it these lines are pretty visible? I dont know what to suggest, as I have never gone through this sort thing before, although I did get an old naff tattoo redesigned and reworked as a result of me not liking it anymore.

It doesn't sound like you were given very good advice when you first went for the consultation before agreeing to the laser removal foxforcefive.

I've read it in lots of places that the green ink doesn't remove properly, so advising you that it should remove fully wasn't really giving you the best advice.