The all things tattoo megathread

The problem is that all the websites and stuff are filled with tacky photos of bad flash on the lower back of chavs..

Ive been wanting to get my first tattoo for a while but unless i want a tribal or a celtic knot then i seem to be screwed :(

Do you know of any local shops that have online portfolios? Ive looked at the eternal site but i guess its under construction or summit.

Yeah, our site is under construction at the moment. Best thing to do is go around the studios in person with a rough idea of what it is you want and chat to the artists. You'll get a feel for who you want to do the work on you. You will also find that alot of artists have a particular style that they enjoy. For example, Paul (eternal ink) really loves working in bold colours and takes a modern approach to traditional old school styles, Dave (eternal ink) loves black and grey, watershading and does stunning portraiture, Fiona (feline) likes her native american influenced stuff, Stewart (thou art) also loves his old school stuff. All the mentioned artists love doing custom over flash any day. Shop around to find an artist that suits yourstyle.

Yeah, our site is under construction at the moment. Best thing to do is go around the studios in person with a rough idea of what it is you want and chat to the artists. You'll get a feel for who you want to do the work on you. You will also find that alot of artists have a particular style that they enjoy. For example, Paul (eternal ink) really loves working in bold colours and takes a modern approach to traditional old school styles, Dave (eternal ink) loves black and grey, watershading and does stunning portraiture, Fiona (feline) likes her native american influenced stuff, Stewart (thou art) also loves his old school stuff. All the mentioned artists love doing custom over flash any day. Shop around to find an artist that suits yourstyle.

Cheers mate..

Im actually looking to get a half sleeve done..incorporating some traditional japanese stuff..a modern approach to that sounds interesting..i might have to pop into eternal..

Not with any effect. That being said, Lucky Diamond Rich has started going down the route of having white inkwork over his blackwork.

Do any of the tattoo places in sheffield have good custom artists? Everything I see seems to be flash :/ I dunno whether thats cos its all they can do or its all that people want these days..

Feline do custom stuff, I take my own drawings/ideas in and we work out how to do them as a tattoo.

whats the best after care cream, have u used after having a tattoo.

I use savlon cream, works realy well, usualy healed in 3 weeks. Don't let the sun get to it, and obviously don't scrub it with soap etc.

I have a tattoo which i've had 7 an a half years. Today its a bit itchy and its raised my skin up. Only where the tattoo is. This used to happen but hasn't happened in a few years.

Does this happen to anyone elses?

It's the seven year itch.

I have a tattoo which i've had 7 an a half years. Today its a bit itchy and its raised my skin up. Only where the tattoo is. This used to happen but hasn't happened in a few years.

Does this happen to anyone elses?

Sometimes when I've been in the sun or if I have hayfeever, I think it's an alergic reaction.

It's the seven year itch.

Ha ha yeah thats probably it ! :hihi: :hihi:

Mine itches occasionally - goes away quickly enough I don't worry about it.

mine sometimes do this, get a little raised up. I use savelon when it happens, tends to cool it down