Lodge Moor POW camp ruins film

For anyone interested in the remains of the old POW camp at Lodge Moor, now mostly buried in the later plantation, I have made a short 12 minute film on super 8mm. It is basically just an art/landscape film with close ups of buildings, foundations, odd bits of wreckage and stuff, mixed with pans of trees and atmosphere type shots. I am processing it now and hope to have it edited and transferred to DVD tomorrow with the addition of a bit of atmospheric music. If anyone interested copies will be £1.50 all inc. Its old film stock I was using up but I think I have captured the real eerie atmos of the place and I recorded some location sound as well which adds to the atmos.

Managed to find the remains I have not found for 15 years again, as I knew before I had seen a fairly sizeable area of big stones and walls and one building with a large roof still standing. The roof has fallen in now and I only found it by sinking up to my knees in quicksand stuff, which there is a lot of adjacent to some of the concrete bunker foundations. It was hidden in a thick cluster of trees and surrounded by oozing mud. Lovely.......no wonder no one ever ventures off the footpaths anymore....becomes a real jungle.

As your cost is just to cover the DVD, how about putting the video online?

HOw do I do that exactly without making it look really horrible and compressed. Its 12 minutes and quite dark, if its compressed it will really look awful. But could try, can you tell me how to do this and in what file format should it be converted to?

Originally posted by snowboarder

For anyone interested in the remains of the old POW camp at Lodge Moor, now mostly buried in the later plantation, I have made a short 12 minute film on super 8mm. It is basically just an art/landscape film with close ups of buildings, foundations, odd bits of wreckage and stuff, mixed with pans of trees and atmosphere type shots. I am processing it now and hope to have it edited and transferred to DVD tomorrow with the addition of a bit of atmospheric music. If anyone interested copies will be £1.50 all inc. Its old film stock I was using up but I think I have captured the real eerie atmos of the place and I recorded some location sound as well which adds to the atmos.

Managed to find the remains I have not found for 15 years again, as I knew before I had seen a fairly sizeable area of big stones and walls and one building with a large roof still standing. The roof has fallen in now and I only found it by sinking up to my knees in quicksand stuff, which there is a lot of adjacent to some of the concrete bunker foundations. It was hidden in a thick cluster of trees and surrounded by oozing mud. Lovely.......no wonder no one ever ventures off the footpaths anymore....becomes a real jungle.

I'll definetly be up for a copy, pm me with your details as to where to send the money too?

I go in there a lot with the dog.

Did you come across those large Hare or Wallaby type creatures, about the size of a medium Dog?

Sounds :loopy: but they are for real.

I'm up for a copy as well. Only live a mile from the camp so PM me with details and I'll call round or whatever.

Wallabies in Lodge Moor ?????

Hmmm, that's got me thinking - I think I might have a walk up there now with my (big fierce) dog to check it out ;)

Edit: Cross referenced this post.

Might be venison burgers for tea!

Dont get too excited, its only a roughly made experimental film. Anyone who wants one I am putting it together tonight, decided against an all singing dancing soundtrack and just leave it very much as it is and add a few titles at the beginning and end. I make a lot of these short "landscape" films and do all manner of post production on them, but this is nice and raw and so it will remain so.

There are 2 shots of a burnt out car at the end......I think it adds to the atmosphere.

There is also a very percular noise while I was filming which I cant identify at all. It was like an old radio carrier wave signal with beeping......most strange, and quite loud. It occured at one point near a pile of old ruined buildings while I was approaching to get some close up shots.I stopped filming to listen to it and try and track it down, but it really seemed to be beneath the ground. It did not come out on the audio track though. There was no one else in the area and I ruled out my equipment picking up freaksignals. I kid you not.....it was wierd.

Dont get excited, I dont think I spotted any ghosts or "orbs" in the woods....but that noise was real weird. I wish I had a map of the site, as this particular ruin was not one of the concrete based bunkers, but some kind of operational buildings at a guess, totally different structure which is why more of them survive today than the bunkers.

Originally posted by Modesty

Did you come across those large Hare or Wallaby type creatures, about the size of a medium Dog?

Sounds :loopy: but they are for real.

Hey, I saw one of them on Kinder Scout at the weekend. I even mentioned it on my website

I will probably be up for a copy snowboarder. If you were to put it online, you would probably want to encode it in XVID, and distribute it via BitTorrent to save on bandwidth. That's a huge topic in itself, so probably not worth discussing here, as it's kind of off topic. Video Help has the info you need though.

Originally posted by chill

Hey, I saw one of them on Kinder Scout at the weekend. I even mentioned it on my website

Good site Chris. How come you didn't find the aircraft wrecks, bad weather?

A GPS is a godsend up there, especially if you night walk!

I've just moved onto the new estate where the old hospital used to be. I went for a walk with my sister last week at about 10.00pm, so it was dark. We walked down the side path through the woods and in the corner of my eye i thought i saw a dog, so i turned round and dismissed it as imagination. But I'm now convinced it was something; maybe a fox (but it made no noise), Any other encounters?

Originally posted by alchresearch

Good site Chris. How come you didn't find the aircraft wrecks, bad weather?

No, bad directions, and I spent so long looking for the first, that I didn't have time to look for the other two.