The "Information Commons" - The ugliest building in Sheffield?

not too sure about the green, but it is different and definitely a showpiece building.

my only complaint really is that whilst it looks great from the roundabout, from all other angles it just looks like big blocks.

I've just walked past it (well OK about an hour ago) and actually I think it's a very interesting building and a fine addition to the Sheffield landscape! Give me a building you can have opinions about over a bland box any day!

I think the design is pretty good; I'm still not convinced on the colours.

When are they going to start building that stuff next to the Bioincubator?

Good question - they seem to be ripping down all of the old Jessops building at the moment (and I though part of it was listed?) so it shouldn't be too long. Anyone know whats planned for that bit of land?

Good question - they seem to be ripping down all of the old Jessops building at the moment (and I though part of it was listed?) so it shouldn't be too long. Anyone know whats planned for that bit of land?

Given its proximity to Town, I'd hazard a guess at they'll be turning it into yet more Flats!

I think they are keeping the oldest bit of the hospital, which is actually not that big, the various extensions that were added are all going though. I think.

They've lost the main entrance which I thought was one of the old bits :confused:

Oh, I thought that was the old bit too.

Meh, it's only history, who cares, obviously not the university.

Meh

Oi! That's my word! :rant:

The older bits are listed and all that's going to be done to them are some repairs in due course. The newer bits aren't listed and have been destroyed. What's coming in their place will, hopefully, go nicely with the nice old buildings already there.

Yup - the Law, Music, History and English departments will be colocated on the site. Music, History and English are merging to form a 'Confederation' while Law will continue to be a seperate department.

There's some information at http://www.shef.ac.uk/jessop/

Given its proximity to Town, I'd hazard a guess at they'll be turning it into yet more Flats!

oh yeah you can never have too many flats can you?